COPPI this !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carpenter

Über Member
The only problem was stopping ability . The Shimano 105 brakes and shoes don't have much effect on the rims of these Mavic Ksyriums especially in todays damp conditions :rain:

I quite like 105 brakes, but the pads are not too good - I have had some success fitting "Swiss stop" - and we are having rather damp conditions in the UK at the moment (well since late September ☔)

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I quite like 105 brakes, but the pads are not too good - I have had some success fitting "Swiss stop" - and we are having rather damp conditions in the UK at the moment (well since late September ☔)
I was just looking at "Swiss stop" , they get reasonable reviews so l will give them a go.
Rain since end of September must be a record of sorts for Suffolk. I lived for most of my youth in East Anglia and for a long time on the Norfolk/Suffolk border in Diss then in Eye ..It didn't seem to rain much then, happy days :sun:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
The négociations for the wheels continue. We are both agreed on a meeting place and will meet at a mutually acceptable time next week end , as the seller is unavailable this weekend.
The world of high finance eh!
I'm thinking of applying for a position as Brexit deal wrangler , bet l could get it done quicker than the current mob :rolleyes:

velohomme

At least you are safe in France with no salt on the roads. I couldn’t expose my cherished vintage steel bikes to winter riding over here. Bit of a wimp really. See you in the spring. On steel.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
At least you are safe in France with no salt on the roads. I couldn’t expose my cherished vintage steel bikes to winter riding over here. Bit of a wimp really. See you in the spring. On steel.
Great stuff , look forward to meeting up again. We have had some really wet weather in the last few days and l haven't been riding much so l am looking forward to some cold dry days ...won't be long l hope. Your vintage steel sounds interesting ^_^

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
More appropriate yes, some nice anodized Nisi or Ambrosio rims would be even more appropriate but I couldn't find any within 100km of Cahors.

As for better..well nicer is better:laugh:
A word of thanks for the heads-up re. the Mavic Cosmos wheels Balkan Express. I met the guy selling them in an Intermarché car park just outside Toulouse, can't help thinking that we looked like a couple of drug dealers with me peering into the boot of his car and then handing over the folding stuff ! He turned out to be a really nice bloke and we had a long conversation about why he liked racing on the flat and hated hills and why l was no good racing on the flat and why l loved hills!
Anyway a few photos of your recommendation , as you can see they are pretty damn tidy :whistle:
IMG_1359 2.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

Top Bottom