Core fitness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
there's a lot of muscle groups in the 'core' - can you be a bit more specific?

As with all muscles - work both sets. So if you're doing your stomach also work on your back (I'm being very simplistic here (see Pedrosanchezo's comment) to avoid imbalance.
Too true, some people do tend to think of core work as the abdominal region only. There is much much more to good core strength and balance. As per my link above.

Just signed up to a Pilates for beginners aimed at exactly this. Physio thought it would help me given legs, bum & arms are fine just core strength is lacking and for £40 for 10 weeks of 1 hour, it's worth trying. Local college...

as a matter of interest - in what way is your core strength lacking..?
for me - it has always been an ongoing issues and periodically causes issues with my pelvis out of alignment which causes me thigh muscle pain usually on the side where the pelvis is higher so over streching my thigh muscle (various medical people over the years have picked up on this repeatedly). Right now it is stable again, but only because of the exercises the physio has had me doing, but it was not helped by me not being able to exercise at all after the dog bite which cause things to go haywire again.

Top Bottom