Cornhill Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

Regarding this press release:

http://www.allianzcornhill.co.uk/news/press_story.asp?Recno=931

I just phoned Cornhill. Our insurance is due soon, so I thought, what the heck, lets see what they can actually cover me for on the bike.

They looked, and couldn't tell me. Nice lady on the phone had to call me back and say that she still didn't know, so can she call me tomorrow after they've checked with their underwriters? No, I said, write to me with the info. Can she call me Friday, Saturday? No, I said, write to me with the info.

Cornhill Insurance, you've just put out a press release about cycling that is simply beneath contempt. In it you urge us to be insured, yet when I get in touch with you, you cannot tell me about your insurance policy. You have no information.

Cornhill Insurance, are you actuallty just a bunch of wazzerks? Come on, guys, you can do better than that. You insult cyclists with a snivelling excuse of a press release that wrongly implies that everything short of the Crimean war can be blamed on cyclists, and thats somehow meant to make us want to deal with you, and after that you can't even give me the fecking details? You suck.

Cornhill... I wonder, when the info comes through the post, will it prove that you suck and blow? I wouldn't be surprised.

habibi

"It’s not just cyclists themselves that are getting injured as 16 per cent have hit someone, or just managed to avoid them, when on a bike. Nine per cent of respondents also admitted to damaging cars from getting too close."

lawless lycra louts !

you get the rope, i'll get the tar and feathers

let's string the b**tards up right now !

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

I'm surprised that only 16% have nearly or actually hit someone. And I'm baffled that a 'reputable' company would, from that stat, imply that cyclists are to blame. I've certainly hit someone who ran straight into the road, and I've had numerous near misses in similar circumstances. Must make me a bad person.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

You know how it is, as soon as your parents were away, there you were scratching the French polising and doodling moustaches all over the pictures on the wall :?:

Strewth, are there no depths to which these insurance companies won't plunge? Are there no scare tactics they won't use?

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

Well, if anyone cares to have a look at my last posting in that thread over at bikeradar, you'll see thats THAT bridge burned.

I can't fathom it. They posted as an article a word-for-word repeat of a press release that accuses cyclists of being irresponsible gits, and in response to criticism theres THAT response. The guy seemed polite, but that seems like idiocy to me.

I'll keep this forum informed about what I find out about Cornhill. That one, though... After that little performance, if it was printed out on soft toilet paper I still wouldn't wipe my arse on it.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

And now I've really done so :?:

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

[quote name='User']I've given them a bit of verbal as well in the 'Comments' section of the [i']article...[/i][/quote]

Good stuff!

I'm going to phone Cornhill again, see where the info has got to.

habibi

Cab said:
I can't fathom it.

Well, i can. Future overlords at BikeRadar deliberately stirring up the forum users via some verbatim posted controversial dimwit press release.

They're unnecessarily toying with their forum users, quite cynically in my opinion, and they certainly regard it as THEIR forum.

They're welcome to it.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

Just phoned again. And again, they have to contact their underwriters.

This isnt' acceptable.

Look at their press release; theres info there about what is covered and what isn't covered in the home contents insurance and personal liability, theres a set of bare bones, and all I'm after is getting some meat on those bones. You can't repuablty put out a press release yelling about how good your cyclist cover is if you're not able to back that up when a potential customer phones.

If they're bad now, how bad will they be if I buy their insurance and have to claim?

Waiting for another callback now. This is it Cornhill, convince me you're up to the job or theres no way on earth I'm insuring through you. Not now, not ever.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

And got called back...

Well, yes they offer whats on the press release, but details are really hard to come by. They keep having to go and talk to their underwriters each time I ask something ("If my bike is stolen, do you need to see the severed lock, what do you need if that happens" is met with being put on hold while an underwriter is asked), and the personal injury thing can only be purchasde through a broker, even though they do sell it (seems odd).

Still not impressed. You're trying, I can tell, but this should have all been done before you issued that press release.

frog

I think they just pulled this out of thin air. Can anyone recall a cyclist ever being fined either £2,500 or £1,000 for those crimes. If those offences exist at all. :?:

'Owning up to not wearing a helmet' I own up to something if I do something wrong. It isn't wrong to not wear a helmet.

'69% of cyclists have fallen off their bikes at some point in their lives'. Rubbish! Everyone has fallen off their bike at some point in their life

Countless numbers of British cyclists . . ' and then goes on to quantify them. I thought they were 'countless'.

What I can't understand is BR not ripping it apart and showing it for the load of tripe it is. Professional courtsey perhaps?

If an advert is misleading then you can report it to the Advertising Standards. Who can you report a press release to?

Top Bottom