Correct inner tubes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

plastic_cyclist

I’ve had a bike handed down to me and I recently changed the tubes (tyres are Specialized borough 700/32C).

I ordered some of these to cover the 700 and 32 Tubes

However when I removed the old one I noticed the details on the side....

13D3B7AD-5471-4F04-A370-20C4A85858FD.jpeg

Was this the wrong tube or do both of these fit this tyre ?

I’ve had a bike handed down to me and I recently changed the tubes (tyres are Specialized borough 700/32C).

I ordered some of these to cover the 700 and 32 Tubes

However when I removed the old one I noticed the details on the side....

View attachment 521120

Was this the wrong tube or do both of these fit this tyre ?
Yes they ( the Halfords ones ) will be fine.

OP
OP
plastic_cyclist

plastic_cyclist

Well, the reason I asked was because yesterday, I was using the bike no problem, not on a ride but just patrolling the village to keep an eye on kids biking around etc....and then today, I went into garage to retrieve bike and I had a flat !! replaced the tube and I had another one go on me straight away, literally seconds after I put it on !! bizarre. Dodgy Tubes?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Well, the reason I asked was because yesterday, I was using the bike no problem, not on a ride but just patrolling the village to keep an eye on kids biking around etc....and then today, I went into garage to retrieve bike and I had a flat !! replaced the tube and I had another one go on me straight away, literally seconds after I put it on !! bizarre. Dodgy Tubes?
You really need to check the inside of your tyre for anything sharp that has remained in situ.
Find the puncture in your inner tube and this will give you a good idea as to where to look in the tyre.

jay clock

Massive member
You really need to check the inside of your tyre for anything sharp that has remained in situ.
Find the puncture in your inner tube and this will give you a good idea as to where to look in the tyre.
yes. run finger round inside about 6 times. And with the tyre flat squeeze the outer to see any embedded thorns or stone/glass. Pick out with a sharp point

Also, run your finger around the rim tape in the centre of the rim as there might be the business end of a spoke creating a sharp in the well of the rim.🤞

Edited to add - when you refit the tyre, try to line the logo up with the valve - that way you can narrow down where to look if you get another puncture.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Edited to add - when you refit the tyre, try to line the logo up with the valve - that way you can narrow down where to look if you get another puncture.

It does make sense to do this as a reference point for searching for penetrating objects, and the sight of a Schwalbe fitted with a misaligned logo is probably enough to cause a few fellow cyclists to have OCD episodes.

Get some cotton wool, and rub it around the tyre and rim, if you see any snags, that’s your problem, also look at the rim tape, to make sure it’s all in one piece and there are no holes over any of the spoke holes.

roley poley

Über Member
It does make sense to do this as a reference point for searching for penetrating objects, and the sight of a Schwalbe fitted with a misaligned logo is probably enough to cause a few fellow cyclists to have OCD episodes.
I align tyre pressure max /min embossing with the valve stem not cosmetic but the practical info you need

Top Bottom