correct tyre pressure for 25c

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bladesman73

Über Member
Moved from 23's to 25's with campy zonda wheels. I weigh around 200lbs. Normally puy 115psi in rear tyre and 100psi in front. Does anyone think I could go lower in either tyre without compromising rolling resistance?

lpretro1

What's the min pressure indicated on tyre sidewall? And what tyres. I run Conti GP4000S II at 90/80 without any problems - still roll, very well and way more comfortable

U

User6179

I put about 105 in the rear and 95 in the front of my 25s and weigh about 220lbs .

Citius

Moved from 23's to 25's with campy zonda wheels. I weigh around 200lbs. Normally puy 115psi in rear tyre and 100psi in front. Does anyone think I could go lower in either tyre without compromising rolling resistance?

You won't compromise rolling resistance by running lower pressures. Quite the opposite in fact.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Almost certainly!

I have put 25Cs on my CAADX and the sidewalls say to use a minimum of 100 psi and a maximum of 130 psi but I do not even run 23Cs at 100 psi so no way am I going over that on the bigger 25Cs. I tried 90 and the tyres felt awful on the rough local roads. I am now running 80-85 psi rear and 75-80 psi front. The tyres feel much more comfortable, they roll ok, and I am not getting punctures.

(I currently weigh about 177 pounds - 12 st 9 lbs.)

Drago

Legendary Member
You won't compromise rolling resistance by running lower pressures. Quite the opposite in fact.
Absolutely. Flat tyres roll best of all.

Drago

Legendary Member
Unless you're in deep space there's always air pressure within the tube, not to mention any residual strength of the structure of the tyre itself.

Top Bottom