Corruption with wages.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
If you worked at an engineering firm and they started paying double time to work Saturdays you’d be happy. However on the wage slips they are paying so much at 1.5 and so much at 2.0. It’s supposed to add up to what they owe you. The question is why work it out in this way? What are they trying to hide?

Slick

Guru
If you worked at an engineering firm and they started paying double time to work Saturdays you’d be happy. However on the wage slips they are paying so much at 1.5 and so much at 2.0. It’s supposed to add up to what they owe you. The question is why work it out in this way? What are they trying to hide?

Seems pretty standard to me.

Saturday 4 hours x1.5 and 4 hours x2.

Sunday double bubble all day.

Lovely

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Seems simple to me. Either they are paying double or they are not. A few hours at 1.5 then a few at 2.0 is not double time, unless they are giving you extra hours to make up the difference?

Are they paying an 8 hour day but you only work 6?

Reactions: C R

Slick

Guru
So standard fare is 14 hours on Saturday and 16 for a Sunday shift.

If they are giving you 16 for both, I reckon you are just getting a deal.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Just maybe they are not trying to hide anything?, it may just be a "quirk" of their payroll system?

My first thought too

Drago

Legendary Member
I fondly recall when the dibble stopped paying double time for overtime...and then were somehow surprised when everyone stopped doing overtime on rest days etc. I myself ceased doing any at that point - who wants to got to work and be abused or assaulted on a rest day for anything less?

As a consequence large events or operations required re rostering bobbies to provide cover, thus depriving front line teams of officers for normal daily business.

Well done Mr Winsor.

Last edited:

a.twiddler

Veteran
Engineering firm not involved in dastardly tax evasion conspiracy shock horror!

In today's restricted employment climate many would be grateful to work for someone who still paid those rates. Perhaps in this internet age it's too easy to attribute to malice the results of incompetence or just a peculiarity of the system.

If your pipes make noises in the night is it most likely to be a)Aliens b)Supernatural forces c)Dodgy plumbing? The simplest solution is the most likely one.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
If your pipes make noises in the night is it most likely to be a)Aliens b)Supernatural forces c)Dodgy plumbing? The simplest solution is the most likely one.

Aliens then…

Alien-alien-28809935-1920-1080.jpg

Top Bottom