Cost of living....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
One sad realisation was...we're becoming too generous, we love giving help to younger members of the family (those that are in a similar position we were at their age)...buying prams, baby stuff, clothes, that kind of thing. It's our choice, no-one asks for it, it's done because we like to and it's for our grandkids....but again, the realisation how much we're spending makes me realise, we really should slow it down.

Just to clarify, we struggled financially as a young family so we empathise with younger family members in the same position now.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Its really hard to cancel Sky T.V, my friend wanted to cancel her subscription and it was impossible to get through.However, if you wish to sign up then someone answers the phone straight away.So even if you've signed up for 18 months you might be stuck with them forever.

Having trouble cancelling Sky? Can't get through? Just cancel the direct debit - I can virtually guarantee you that they'll call you within 24 hours. :okay:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I found it really easy to cancel sky. Phoned them. Told them i couldnt afford it any more ( i could, i just didn't want it anymore. i was tired of the repeats and rubbish on sky ) and bingo. No fuss. No muss. Cancelled. A saving of £61.00 each month.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4697265, member: 259"]We dumped Sky years ago and I can't say I've missed it much, as most of what we were watching was on the free channels anyway. As it is, even with Freesat, we never manage to watch all the stuff we record for later. We had Netflix for a while, which was better value, but then they started all the cracking down on geo-blocking so we dumped that. I might consider Now TV for one-off stuff though. And there's always Kodi...[/QUOTE]
We had a Now TV box for a while, it was a cheap way of getting a film package for Xmas plus a few channels plus the ability to see catch-up...but didn't find it useful in the long term. Catch up we get via a smart TV anyway, bu there again thats probably via our Virgin package and the films didn't change that much...meh. Dropped it after maybe 6 months.

Drago

Legendary Member
Using an android box or stick there are dozens of legitimate free apps for watching Freeview, and hundreds of free channels from around the world. I've taught my dog to bark at the ISIS shopping channel.

I think the days of watching TV via an antenna of any kind are numbered.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Using an android box or stick there are dozens of legitimate free apps for watching Freeview, and hundreds of free channels from around the world. I've taught my dog to bark at the ISIS shopping channel.

I think the days of watching TV via an antenna of any kind are numbered.

Only for the tech savvy/interested who also have a super fast internet connection.

Which I reckon leaves the majority of the population watching via an aerial.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Anyone on here who doesnt have a T.V?, I personally dont watch it apart from the news and if it was just me then I'd sell it because theres no way I'd pay the T.V licence as its a blatant rip off.

Mr WD tells everyone that he never watches the TV. However, he seems to turn the dam thing on far more than i do especially now we no longer have sky ^_^

Top Bottom