cost of private health care

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gzoom

Über Member
And from the outside that is one of the biggest issues whether that is fair or not I don't know

I can probably get double my salary in a private company, I get called up to coroners court on a regular basis with a potential worst situation of getting charged with man slaughter.

I start at work at 6am, and most weekends are spent writing reports. I've had finger literally on someone's beating heart, I've told young families they will never see their husband/wife again after failed 2222 attempts and than have to go straight to another 2222 call, I've done 36hrs shifts because of staffing issues.

If I worked my hourly 'rate' its probably less than what the junior doctors are striking about. I LOVE my job because it's the NHS and there is so MUCH work to do......on top of my Medicine degree I have an MD, x2 Diplomas, x2 PcG Certs, and currently doing a MBA equivalent in my 'spare' time. I do all this because I want to better at my job, not because I want more ££££.

If making ££££££ was my main drive, I'm pretty sure I can find a less stressful and lucrative path....private work for example :smile:.

Last edited:

presta

Guru
I'm sorry but I don't understand the statement about burning your boat. No matter what deal I may or may not have with a private provider will have no effect on my care if I turn up at A&E requiring treatment and I'm gobsmacked you think there would be a problem.

I don't mean emergency care in A&E, I'm talking about the NHS telling you that it's not their job to sort out a mess left by a private hospital (assuming it's something that would have been covered by the NHS if you hadn't gone private).

Suppose someone jumps the queue for a hip replacement, comes out with a limp worse than they had before, and gets told they need another operation for another £10,000?

Slick

Guru
I don't mean emergency care in A&E, I'm talking about the NHS telling you that it's not their job to sort out a mess left by a private hospital (assuming it's something that would have been covered by the NHS if you hadn't gone private).

Suppose someone jumps the queue for a hip replacement, comes out with a limp worse than they had before, and gets told they need another operation for another £10,000?

I'm sorry, but that's simply not true either.

That's what they are there for, and thankfully they will not judge.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

as a rule the private health care would have to perform remedial care and operation for free assuming you can prove they made errors .

Top Bottom