Costochondral Separation............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've managed to give myself a costochondral separation after an
accident at work,I've read it can take 2/3 months to heal,I'm not riding my bike
for a few days (am waiting for a rib belt to arrive) am I going to do myself any
harm by cycling? I had to ride home from a&e (I work at the hospital ironically!)
and it hurt like *^%!£! on the hills.Is it a case of mtfu and take painkillers?

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Iirc from my training, I don't think fixed gear riding is the best thing for a separated junction as the twisting involved is exactly what will undo the healing. Try getting some sports tape and strapping the affected rib to the opposite side to give it some support.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
..... but do like to consult the learned members of Cyclechat regarding any medical issues.
I like it:smile:.

I can't offer any advice but wish you a speedy recovery.:smile:
Doctors ride bikes, nurses ride bikes, medics ride bikes, people who've had similar injuries may not work at Paul's hospital but all may be on here - what was the point you were trying to make?

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
After extensive consultations with my physio, I can recommend......

imgres

snorri

Legendary Member
Doctors ride bikes, nurses ride bikes, medics ride bikes, people who've had similar injuries may not work at Paul's hospital but all may be on here - what was the point you were trying to make?

I had hoped the smiley at the end of the first line indicated my post was not meant to be taken too seriously.

Top Bottom