Cotic Roadrat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matty

Does anyone have one? If so, I'd like your views please. From my 'extensive' research it seems to be the optimum commuting machine. Fancy a long flat bar with discs, although the gearing looks a little short (45 x 16/18).

Here's hoping for lots of positives, or I'll need further 'extensive' research!

Thanks,

Matt

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Lovely looking bikes them - tdr1nka of this very forum had one till some low-life scum sucking SOB nicked it.

Ask him, I think he really liked it.

RedBike

I went to test ride one a while ago. I found it rather heavy but I was impressed enough to want one. I wanted the short drop bar bike in medium which just happened to be out of stock at the time.
When it came back into stock it had changed colour and I wasn't overly sure about the brown.

While I was trying to decided between the Cotic and the new white Pompino I dropped upon a Ridgeback solo world. Not quite what I was after but so cheap (£230) I couldn't turn it down.

OP
OP
M

Matty

Thanks all. Surprised by your 'heavy' comment Redbike. Nice one betty, looks a bit off road to me ...... I'm thinking skinny tyres, boring mudguards and speed .....

RedBike

I wouldn't worry too much about the weight. My Ridgeback is even heavier.

Disc brakes, steel frame, wider tyres etc all add extra weight so it's never going to be a superlight fixie.

OP
OP
M

Matty

<---------- jealous.

still waiting for for poxy employer to release details of the scheme. cotic apparently have new stock due in Oct, black is back again too.

will be getting one, not sure on what colour though..........

OP
OP
M

Matty

I'm still waiting for my Roadrat..........................grrr.

Cotic customer service is shocking. Hope the bike is worth it.

Radius

SHREDDER
Nice one :smile: Quite like the idea of a fixed gear bike with a front disc brake...but I don't think i use (or have it attached) the front brake enough to warrant the cost of a decent one...

OP
OP
M

Matty

It is configured as a single speed. No doubt I could easily change to fixed, but I reckon for daily commuting the ability to freewheel is useful.

OP
OP
M

Matty

Radius said:
Go fixed, you'll never go back...

Do fancy one, but not for everyday commuting. Too many unpredictable moments on a daily commute. I can stop much quicker with my disc brakes! And bunny hop and wild speedway style skids on ice etc..

Top Bottom