Cotswold Audax 24/06/12

• Thread starter Deleted member 1258
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Beacon Road Club just E-mailed me details of their Cotswold Audax in June.

http://www.beaconrcc.org.uk/audax/cotswold/index.html

Last year I rode the Cotswold outing and rode to and from the HQ, did a total of 119 miles and had a very enjoyable day. As I'm recovering from illness this year I'm going to leave it as close to the event as possible to decide whether I will do it or not, it should be an excellent day out.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Be careful to not leave it too long dear sir as they do sell out before the day. I to have done them in the past along with the Snowdrop in February and would also throughly recommend the audaxes.

frank9755

Cyclist
Probably not a bad ride on fixed! From last year I remember it wasn't as hilly as the Cotswolds can be. Of the climbs, I only remember the pull up to the tower at Broadway.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Broadway tower was not a bad one because i got a good run at it,there were two where i had to get off because they were sharp bends into a climb which i could not get speed up.Cannot wait for this years,good roads and food was brilliant !

frank9755

Cyclist
Broadway tower was not a bad one because i got a good run at it,there were two where i had to get off because they were sharp bends into a climb which i could not get speed up.Cannot wait for this years,good roads and food was brilliant !

Yes, you get a 30 mile run up at it!
It's a very well organised event; alas I can't ride two things on the same day!

Top Bottom