Cougar bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
I went to start a job today at Richmond Hill , it is a basement/flat conversion , among some of the owners possessions I noticed a steel frame bike with Cougar decals on it , I'd say the forks have been replaced but looked good , was Cougar a noteable bike builder ?

I think they are Dolan builds

Sharky

Guru
Was, I believe, terry Dolan's earlier production bikes. And made or based in Prescot.

Good reputation

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
I have had a quick check on line , your right about Dolan ,seems some famous people rode them , inc Chris Boardman
May be a bit if a find , I ask the owner about it when I see her ,

Last edited:
OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
image.jpeg
I saw some pics last night of them , this is the one at this place ,
Non original forks, ultegra brakes fitted , tripple ring crank ,

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Very nice. Very small frame though. Are you going to try and buy it? If she’s also a ‘cougar’ maybe you can do a deal:okay:.

Sharky

Guru
Very nice. Very small frame though. Are you going to try and buy it? If she’s also a ‘cougar’ maybe you can do a deal:okay:.
The frame may not be quite as small as it looks. There was a trend to build frames with a very short head tube, so that the rider could get a more aero position.

midlife

Guru
The frame may not be quite as small as it looks. There was a trend to build frames with a very short head tube, so that the rider could get a more aero position.

In these cases the seat tube was also extended a bit above the top tube.

$_1.jpg

Top Bottom