*cough*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yoyo

Ah one of those! I prefer to operate the roof by hand. I also like the hard suspension and close to the road feel of the older model. As for a war - we say some rather derogatory things about MGs, so I'd better not lower the tone of the forum!

Happy driving!

Yoyo

OP
OP
Dave5N

Dave5N

Über Member
Noodley said:
Dave, I have a towbar mounted carrier out in the garage. I have not used it for a few years but it is in good working order, certainly in need of a clean. I have been meaning to advertise it "somewhere" for a while but the potential cost of packing and posting it has been the main issue stopping me. I'm not sure what make it is but I'll have a look if you are interested...

(edit - it's one of the ones after the "spare clamps" but not sure what model as I have not gone out to the garage yet and not even certain that I'll know even then. But not for a Land Rover!: http://www.wilmond.co.uk/acatalog/Cycle_Carriers.html)

I'd be very interested, cheers. :angry:

wafflycat

stevenb said:
I work for Mercedes-Benz so I get 17.5% discount. It's the only reason I'd get one mind! I can have it kitted up to my spec. Its that or lease one for £180 a month...which I think is an utter waste....;)

They'd still be taking the p!$$ with the price. Got our tow bar fitted at exactly the same place the local Merc dealer uses to get the work done (we know this as the Merc dealer told us) and it was less than half the price quoted by Merc... puts that 17.5% discount into perspective?

Others have mentioned www.roofbox.co.uk as a source of bike racks - can't disagree. This is where I got mine.
Can't speak highly enough of the Tradekar Silverbike which is so easy to get on, even I can do it and the tilt mechanism is brilliant as it means i can still access the boot of the car even when the bike rick and bikes are on the car. SEE HERE
Got the one with the third bike adapter - so I can carry three - ideal for when it's a Wafflycat family outing to various cycling events.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I can't remember what make/model ours is, but we can carry 4 bikes on it. We can get into the boot after we remove the bike nearest the car, with the other 3 on it. Once the littlest member of the family gets a bigger bike we will have to put one on top of the car too.

yes! go for it...i have a pendle 4 bike towbar mounted rack on the back of my passat estate. highly recommended. you get the best fuel consumption with the towbar mounted one and it extremely practical and easy to load. you can adjust the size of each mount to match the wheel based of each of your bikes.

Top Bottom