could a 6 ft 3 person ride a 50 cm frame bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
You could, but why would you want to? It is far too small a frame. I am 6'3 and ride either a 58 or a 60cm

simon.r

Person
Not comfortably, it'd be far too small.

At a push you could use a very long seatpost, but even then you'd probably find the top-tube too short and the bars too low.

+1, why would you want to? I suppose you could but,

Micro-bike.jpeg

OP
OP
D

DeanoKilks

I am trying to sell my 50cm frame road bike and someone asked me whether it'd be suitable for some 6ft 3? ...

Edwards80

Über Member
I'm 6ft and after riding my Mrs's 50cm bike to a bike shop 5 mins away a few weeks ago, I have to say a definite no. With the seat high enough if feels like you're about to kiss the front wheel.

I guess it's up to them though if they try it.

Ethan

No, its far to small.
I ride a 56, I too am 6'3. 56 is a push for me too - Luckily I seem happier on smaller bikes.

sabian92

Über Member
I'm 5 inches shorter and I ride a 58cm frame so I'm inclined to say not.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Height should not be used to judge what size bike you should ride.
Whilst yes, generally the taller you are, the bigger the frame you will need.

Take a look at Ethan, he is 6ft 3 and rides 56cm frame where as Hacienda71 is the same height but rides a 58 or 60cm frame.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
You could sell it to him if he works in billy smarts circus , has a red nose , spotted hat , dungarees and size 49 shoes , it should fit him a treat , if it has a flower that squirts water then all the better

raindog

er.....
Take a look at Ethan, he is 6ft 3 and rides 56cm frame where as Hacienda71 is the same height but rides a 58 or 60cm frame.
Yes, but 6ft3 on a 50cm would look like a circus act.

EDIT
LOL I posted at exactly the same tame as DD to say a similar thing ^_^

Top Bottom