Could a British Team win the TdF

Could UK team win the TdF ?

• NO

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • YES

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

Frazer said:
Would be great if it ever happened, but at the moment it just wont. Other teams have too much strength, and theres no GC contenders in Britain at the moment, will have to wait many years for that i suspect. Also, winning the TdF on Halfords bikes? Its just not right!

I forget who rode on B'Twin Bikes Last year, which are basically rebranded Decathlon bikes. Was it credit agricole?

Dave5N

Über Member
AG2R I think.

Rob Hayles seemed pretty fast in his Halfords shirt. (DIdn't see what he was on - he always used to sponsored by Dolan).

simonali

Guru
walker said:
I'm a bit worried about the bikes they are using, I've seen them and felt how heavy they are. not something I'd prefer to use myself

I think they're only using those bikes to promote them. As I've said there will be an Elite range out in the coming months which will feature more carbon. These are to be available worldwide, apparently, not just Halfords (maybe not in there at all?).

yello

Dave5N said:
Believe me, if they don't like the bikes, they will ride what they want, rebadged.

That was my belief too.

Of course a British team CAN win the TdF... it's just not likely in the foreseeable future. Anything is possible with the right drugs money.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Anything is possible with the right drugs money.
Very prophetic

Top Bottom