Could have a drop of rain inna minnit....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jackhandy

Morning All..... oh, is that the time already?

My name's Pete, jackhandy is just a derogatory term for a handyman, which is my line of work, down here in the Cornish Alps.

I was not sure if pedelec pilots were welcome here, but a quick search says yes, so here I be ;)

I am 63, reasonably active & wanted to iron out the worst of the local hills so I can enjoy riding again, after a 10- year gap.

If anyone wants a bit of local knowledge re: mid- Cornwall, I'll happily lie through my back teeth to you ;)

Nihal

Veteran
:welcome: to the Forum jackhandy and aaaa............;)

OP
OP
jackhandy

jackhandy

Well..... it would seem I was a tad premature.....

Second day out on the new "hi-tech" machine - first ride in the rain.... and the electricals went phutt and left me to struggle home 7 miles and over 1000 ft. of climb, with 21kgs. of scrap on a pair of wheels.
It' s going back as soon as I can pack it up. I just hope I get my money back.

Oh, the joys of distance buying - I know, should have bought local but, in this case local is 80 or 150 miles away.

OP
OP
jackhandy

jackhandy

I'm back.
Refunded the full wonga, with no problems - Good company to deal with, Just a shame I had a friday afternoon bike :bicycle:

Decided against buying another ebike, so bought an mtb from a local chap & a conversion kit online.

So, the velocipede is on the road again :rolleyes: The local hills, and they are considerable, have been beaten into submission - With the motor on minimum assist I'm climbing with about the same effort I was using 15 years ago, when I was riding regularly - Result :thumbsup:

I don't want a moped - Just younger legs.

Pete

Top Bottom