Could have been an expensive ride

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Went out for a ride today, bit further than normal as I went to see the wife's 95 year old aunt, went down some bridleways I've never been down before, I went through Rother Valley country park & out the other side. When I got there I realised that my Toppeak bag was missing off the rack, the bag is £40 but there must have been over £120 worth of stuff in it. So I went back following the same route just incase I could find it at the side of the road, got back into Rother Valley & went to see if they had a lost property office as I'm talking to the blokes outside a man & woman turned up on their MTB's with my bag. How lucky is that? Couldn't even shake his hand!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Lucky you. Also a big well done to the finders for not riding off into the sunset with all your gear.:bravo:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
sorry salty, you've lost me.

No worries, you asked me basically the same question about my Topeak saddle bag after a zip failure on mine. This was temporarily remedied using some twinge cut from railings opposite the Salmon & Ball pub at the end of Bethnal Green Road on my way to a Sunday London ride.

I'm crying inside as it obviously meant so much to me to have remembered it. 🤔😁

No worries, you asked me basically the same question about my Topeak saddle bag after a zip failure on mine. This was temporarily remedied using some twinge cut from railings opposite the Salmon & Ball pub at the end of Bethnal Green Road on my way to a Sunday London ride.

I'm crying inside as it obviously meant so much to me to have remembered it. 🤔😁
ah, sorry, don't remember - you're making me sound like a Topeak vigilante :smile: though I generally rate their stuff.
if you want to really dredge the memory bank I remember as a green student being rather ill from too much indulgence outside that pub.

Salty seadog

ah, sorry, don't remember - you're making me sound like a Topeak vigilante :smile: though I generally rate their stuff.
if you want to really dredge the memory bank I remember as a green student being rather ill from too much indulgence outside that pub.
Presumably the one that slides on and clips into place

Bringing the memory closer, I think your concern was the security of the newer single bolt attachment compared to the twin bolt system you couldn't find anymore.

Isn't memory a funny old thing.

Bringing the memory closer, I think your concern was the security of the newer single bolt attachment compared to the twin bolt system you couldn't find anymore.

Isn't memory a funny old thing.
ah - yes - i don't remember the conversation with you in particular but not surprised I had it.
Bloody abomination that thing is on the altar of weight saving - somewhere between me and Norwood there is a bolt lying from that thing.
My rage/contempt must have made quite an impression on you :smile:
is this the pack the OP is about?

Salty seadog

ah - yes - i don't remember the conversation with you in particular but not surprised I had it.
Bloody abomination that thing is on the altar of weight saving - somewhere between me and Norwood there is a bolt lying from that thing.
My rage/contempt must have made quite an impression on you :smile:
is this the pack the OP is about?

Haha, I've never had a problem with the clip. Got one on five different bikes and just switch the bag over. This includes onto two mountain bikes which have given it every opportunity to fail.

Probably shouldn't have said that really. It's now only a matter of time.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

yebbut what is that?
Sorry it is their QR system, you just slide the bag into a channel & then there is a plastic clip which you push down to release, means you can easily swap between the bikes, having a rack on each
mtx-beamrack-e-type.png

mtx-trunkbag-ex.png

Presumably the one that slides on and clips into place
Yep
Hope you immediately disenfected it, just in case.
No there wasn't an option, we were both wearing gloves, he handed it to me & then immediately retreated, the handle is fabric, the risk was very minimal & I went in the shower as soon as I got home, which I would have done anyway.

Top Bottom