Could i get away with it GIANT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coco69

Veteran
what bike is this please and roughly how old,

do you think i could get away with the size its down as a a 50cm M on the giant chart and i am 5.11" ?

potsy

Rambler
Far too small i'd have thought,I'm 5' 8" and ride a 54cm bike.

gavintc

Guru
Giant sizing is different. You would need to check it out. I think this might fit. My wife's medium has fitted me for the odd ride. I am 6 ft.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Hmm.

According to Giant's chart you're right between "M" and "L". (Top end of M, low end of L)

In my case (buying an SCR, & at 6'2", between L & XL in a similar way) my LBS advised the smaller size, and were right about that.

Best bet would be to ride, or at least sit on the bike - any chance of doing that before shelling out money?

OP
OP
coco69

coco69

Veteran

Cyclist33

coco69 said:
what bike is this please and roughly how old,

do you think i could get away with the size its down as a a 50cm M on the giant chart and i am 5.11" ?

My flat bar road bike is a "M" frame and I'm 5'11" and it's fine, probably a touch on the small side but I prefer it that way ;-)

Not sure about that Giant as 50cm would be too small for a "M" frame IMHO. Your best bet is call a reputable bike shop that sells that model and ask them for a sizing help.

Cyc

Cyclist33

It depends on what year it is and if its new or second hand! You really need to start giving us more detail in these little posers!!

The FCR is a fine bike from what I know, I've drooled over enough of them in my time.

Cyc

Top Bottom