Could it all be linked?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamman

Hi,

I went to the doctors as I was worried about how tired I was feeling from vigorous exercise, so he referred me to have a blood test just to make sure.

My blood glucose came back high at 6.8, the average is 3-6.

They then said the next step would be a fasting blood test, which I'll be finding out the results tomorrow.
For the fasting blood test I wasn't allowed eat or drink anything except some water after 10 the night before and until my test the following morning.
I'm worried as I don't normally eat after 10 in the evening anyway and I had porridge the morning of my previous blood test, which apparently doesn't increase your blood glucose sharply.

Also today about only 10 mins into a 45 minute circuit training session, I felt out of breath, I could feel my heart pounding, light headed, vision going funny (whites appeared really bright), pain in my chest and had to sit down and recover.
The woman who helps run the course explained the exercises I had done before I felt bad, were ones which get your heart rate up very quickly.

Could my blood glucose problems be affecting my exercising, or is the vigorous exercise causing problems with my chest pains?

WychwoodTrev

Hi,

I went to the doctors as I was worried about how tired I was feeling from vigorous exercise, so he referred me to have a blood test just to make sure.

My blood glucose came back high at 6.8, the average is 3-6.

They then said the next step would be a fasting blood test, which I'll be finding out the results tomorrow.
For the fasting blood test I wasn't allowed eat or drink anything except some water after 10 the night before and until my test the following morning.
I'm worried as I don't normally eat after 10 in the evening anyway and I had porridge the morning of my previous blood test, which apparently doesn't increase your blood glucose sharply.

Also today about only 10 mins into a 45 minute circuit training session, I felt out of breath, I could feel my heart pounding, light headed, vision going funny (whites appeared really bright), pain in my chest and had to sit down and recover.
The woman who helps run the course explained the exercises I had done before I felt bad, were ones which get your heart rate up very quickly.

Could my blood glucose problems be affecting my exercising, or is the vigorous exercise causing problems with my chest pains?

Hi ya

I am type 2 diabetic and 6.8 is low for me before I was put on metformin I was reading 10.8 up to 13.0. Now I have it under control but a 6.8 is still a good reading for me
Hope you get to the bottom of it and get yourself right soon
Trev
Never had any chest pains but have had some dizzy spells after exercise

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hi
If I were you I'd desist from vigorous exercise until you've spoke to the doctors about your recent dizziness/chest pains episode.
By all means exercise, but gently, at least 15 mins gentle warming-up and 10 mins warming-down. No sudden exertions, like lifting weights or intervals. It may be nothing, but chest pains may also be angina.
CHD and diabetes can be linked under certain circumstances.
Don't panic, but do see the Doc.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
The results from your fasting blood test should indicate whether you have type two diabetes or not. As has been pointed out above the 6.8 is only just .8 off normal.

Once you get the test results back it may be easier to work out what's going on but your GP is the best port of call.

Good luck!

Top Bottom