Could my road saddle be the cause?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Hi, just thought I would try this as as some one on here may know the answer?

I am experiancing, having to go for a pee a lot!

It does'nt seem to happen every day, but yesterday I must have had a pee about half an hour after every drink! It was getting really annoying!

I have two cups of tea when I wake up, then a coffee mid morning and then more tea at lunch time and then water or juice in the afternoon.
How ever if I have to go anywhere by car then I have to make sure I don't drink too much as I will be busting by the time I get there, lete's say two hours!

I cycle more nd more these days and was wondering if the bumping around on the road saddle is making it happen?

I was once diagnosed as having too much sugar in my blood, however the last ime I went for a check they said I was fine! Does that makeany sence

I am 41 and reasonably well built but not really over weight.

Thanks for any suggestion's

David.

ChrisKH

Guru
Increased urination is, as you probably know, can be a sign of diabetes/ body sugar issues so I would get this checked out by your doctor first off. It can arise because of other medical issues (eg infection, prostate problems, etc.) so the Quack has got to be the first stop I would have thought.

Unlikely to be a saddle issue I would say, but you could try different saddle positions.

PaulB

Legendary Member
At 41 it's unlikely to be BPH so to rule out cystitis or a bladder infection, I'd certainly go to the scab-lifter's and see what he has to say.

PaulB

Legendary Member
djtheglove said:
Ye , the prostate word keeps coming to mind I think that might be it?

Thanks

It's doubtful at 41. The prostate only starts undergoing noticeable changes after the age of 40. Thereafter, for every year you age, you are 1% more at risk of BPH. You'd be unlucky if it was this and even then, it's not such a big deal. Well, if you regard a 9mm steel scope being pushed down your jap's eye:ohmy: as not a big deal!

OP
OP
D

DJ

PaulB said:
It's doubtful at 41. The prostate only starts undergoing noticeable changes after the age of 40. Thereafter, for every year you age, you are 1% more at risk of BPH. You'd be unlucky if it was this and even then, it's not such a big deal. Well, if you regard a 9mm steel scope being pushed down your jap's eye:ohmy: as not a big deal!

OH MY GOD:ohmy:!!!!

ChrisKH said:
Increased urination is, as you probably know, can be a sign of diabetes/ body sugar issues so I would get this checked out by your doctor first off. It can arise because of other medical issues (eg infection, prostate problems, etc.) so the Quack has got to be the first stop I would have thought.

Unlikely to be a saddle issue I would say, but you could try different saddle positions.

My first thought too. Get down to the doc. Are you feeling any more tired than usual? thirstier?

OP
OP
D

DJ

Twenty Inch said:
My first thought too. Get down to the doc. Are you feeling any more tired than usual? thirstier?

I always feel tired but I put that down to the fact that I work, 12 hours on a continentAL shift pattern. I will make an appointment tommorrow.

Thanks

OP
OP
D

DJ

Just thought I would update, this thread. Of course the suggestion that it was my road saddle was slightly rediculous now. The good news I saw a really good Doctor, who sent me for all the tests possible, Prostrate etc, they all came back negative. Even the brain scan!

No but seriously he then said it could be something irritating my bladder, More tests are now due to see if thats the cause.

In the meantime I thought I would cut out my morning cup of coffee and dare I say it it seems to have worked! As long as I don't drink too much tea in order to compensate!

So the answer is, Don't over do the diaretic drinks like tea and coffee.

Simple really.

yello

I have a similar problem and also got a clean bill of health from the docs (there's also a history of diabetes in the family; dad has it, as do his 2 sisters).

It is sometimes embarrassing on club rides to have to stop again for a wee but nobody says anything. It's worse on cold days but that goes for everyone! I try not to drink too much before or during rides but I have to be careful that I drink enough. Sadly, it's just 'one of those things' I have to put up with!

I usually have to get up in the night for a pee, sometimes twice, occasionally 3 times. In NZ, it's described as having a Woolworth's bladder!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
djtheglove said:
Just thought I would update, this thread. Of course the suggestion that it was my road saddle was slightly rediculous now. The good news I saw a really good Doctor, who sent me for all the tests possible, Prostrate etc, they all came back negative. Even the brain scan!

No but seriously he then said it could be something irritating my bladder, More tests are now due to see if thats the cause.

In the meantime I thought I would cut out my morning cup of coffee and dare I say it it seems to have worked! As long as I don't drink too much tea in order to compensate!

So the answer is, Don't over do the diaretic drinks like tea and coffee.

Simple really.
You've beaten me to it!

I used to drink a couple of big mugs of tea before going out on my bike but I was having to pee so much it was ridiculous. What finally did it for me was riding A Mere 200 in 2006. I was wearing my cold weather kit and it was annoying to have to half strip off every time I had a pee-stop. I think I stopped about 14 times in 200 km!

I had a feeling that the tea-drinking had a lot to do with it so before my next 200 I only drank water. Result - only 3 or 4 stops in 11 hours even though I drank about 5 litres while I was riding.

jimboalee

If wanting to pee, and then having a pee frequently is bad, do not, DO NOT get persuaded to have a Cystoscopy.
Opt for an ultrasound.
I was given the choice, googled CYSTOSCOPY, and very quickly made my choice.
Bladder stones.

D

Deleted member 1258

PaulB said:

I have had that done, The first pee afterwards is a killer, like peeing broken bottles.

OP
OP
D

DJ

Would you believe it?

I have now gone through all the tests and after having the Eurology one, where they got me to pee in to a bucket connected to a computer! I have been diagnosed as having nothing physicaly wrong with me at all?!

So the Doc asked me have I been stressed?

And thats the answer, Yes it is stress that was causing it!

I was surprised, I have to admit, trouble is now I am stressed as to why I am so stressed, it's cos I am basically unhappy with my life, don't get me wrong lovely kids, lovely wife just hate my job and hate living in London!

I can't wait to move both so the kids can have more space and I can too!
The wife loves London though so I hope she will be happy when we move out!:biggrin:

Still problem solved !

Top Bottom