Could someone please help with a valuation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all. Ive been offered a bike and wondered if someone could give me some idea of what its worth?
Heres the spec. and pic

C88D0877.jpg

It is on hybrid tyres but I am happy to change them for something more aggressive if you want it for pure off roading.

It is ultra light as it is hardtail with rigid front end with a brief spec as below:

19" powder coated frame.
shimano altus front derailer/crankset
shimano rear derailer
shimano gear/brake levers
shimano deore V brakes(front and rear)
wellgo flat pedals
halo twin rails tyre(puncture resistant)
adjustable h/bar stem
gusset grips
shimano sealed bb
quick release front and back hubs.

mickeydrippin60

Veteran
£100 max I'de reckon

Yes, absolute max £100.

In the infancy of MTBs, I rode them with rigid forks. I was dismissive of front suspension. I was wrong.

I still think rear suspension is only for the fearlessly insane or the fat-belly softcore wannabe.... but you are ambitious if you set off into the rough these days without a bouncy front end.

If it's for urban scooting and similar, you can't do much better... but £100 is a top, top figure.

Before you part with hard earned do some simple checks.
1. Hold front brake on, turn front wheel at right angle to framen and rock bike back and forth. Any clonking will likely mean work needed on the headset.
2. Hold both cranks and rock them , any wear in the BB?
3. pedals themselves, any wobble?
4. Check for hub wear by rocking wheels side to side.
5. Look at the chainrings. Are they worn and pointy, perhaps looking likr the Matterhorn.
6. Shift chain onto front big ring. At @ 3 o' clock try to pull chain towards front of the bike. If it lifts easily away this indicates worn chain and cassette

Actually looks quite clean and tidy from the photo so yes, 75-100 about right, any of the above though and haggle downwards.

Top Bottom