Could you all please...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Could you all please stop bidding on Spesh allez bikes on ebay.

Im trying to get a 2010 one for about £100 and I keep gettin outbid. :biggrin:

Its getting tedious now.

(^^^Contains sarcasm)

wanda2010

Guru
That's what happens when your local lbs finds out what you are doing :evil:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I have been bidding on some SPD pedals for the commuter bike. Price new from chainreaction £29 winning bid on ebay £36 plus pand p thats happened twice now plus chainreaction does free delivery.Some of the plonkers on ebay obviously dont do their homework.

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
I also wish people would stop bidding on ebay bikes! How hard is it to fine something half decent for £100ish its stupid. I see utter crap @ 3 years old sell for almost what they cost new (Thinking halford carrera bikes selling at £300)

decca234uk

You could try putting an add in the wanted section of ebay. People with bikes to sell might prefer to go straight to someone who's asking for a bike. Saves them listing it. worth a try for nowt.

Debian

Just after Christmas I won a Specialized FSR XC Expert, 6 months old, hardly ridden and in showroom condition for well under half new price :cheers:

2010 for £100. Good luck! I sold my 2007 Allez triple for £315 on eBay a few months ago....

Now I'm after an 2010 S-Works Tarmac SL-3 for £500. Any sellers?

ChrisKH

Guru
DustBowlRefugee said:
2010 for £100. Good luck! I sold my 2007 Allez triple for £315 on eBay a few months ago....

Now I'm after an 2010 S-Works Tarmac SL-3 for £500. Any sellers?

If there is I'm buying.

About the time I was looking to buy a couple of years ago, there was a comparable bike on Gumtree for about £350. I made enquiries and it was still available. The I realised it was probably stolen, so didn't pursue it. Generally, if it's too good to be true, it doesn't belong to them.

ChrisKH said:
If there is I'm buying.

About the time I was looking to buy a couple of years ago, there was a comparable bike on Gumtree for about £350. I made enquiries and it was still available. The I realised it was probably stolen, so didn't pursue it. Generally, if it's too good to be true, it doesn't belong to them.

Especially when They don't know a thing about it! They always seem to be selling for a friend.

Saw a Trek Madone a few weeks ago advertised as a hybrid and the seller said "sorry mudguards are missing"......

Brandane

Legendary Member
I bought a Trek 6500 SLR MTB in 2007, cost £420. Beautiful looking bike in metallic orange. Was absolutely mint condition when I sold it to my brother in a moment of madness to help finance my new bike. He got it for £100 complete with cateye computer and spare tyre.

Saw a similar one go on e-bay recently for £350, and not in as good condition as mine was. :laugh:

RedBike

Thanks to ebay I've just sold my bike for £200 more than it was new.

I've just bid on a Specialized Enduro. With 1 min to go I was the winning bidder. My maximum bid was £410 and the current bid was still only at £320. I began to think I might just win the auction. In the last 30sec it suddenly jumped to over £500. Stupid snipers.

RedBike

btw. I don't want to sound persermistic but I think you're wasting your time trying to get a brand named road bike for £100 off ebay.

Out of your local paper, maybe?

Top Bottom