Could you ever kill someone because of a car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
must be in the U.S. where they kill ppl for delivering PKGs to the wrong address or turning around in a driveway or knocking on a door to ask directions

Slick

Guru
Local news story about a a man who killed his 80 year old lover to get hold of her Toyota Vitz (JDM Yaris).
https://stories.apexnews-af.com/new...e-6fd7-4f68-923f-b565d9cf1891&from=opera_push

As my wise old Aunty always used to say, there's none of us through the world yet, so we don't know what lies in store for us. That said, I do know that I'm physically incapable of causing any breathing thing discomfort let alone death, which makes me wonder what sort of person really could do this.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
As a Yaris owner, I better be careful :ohmy:
I love my Yaris (though I'm not sure I'd kill for it). 17 years old, 180,000 miles, and it still easily gets 65mpg (diesel), 70mpg+ if I'm driving carefully. Cheap to tax and insure, still (touch wood) running reliably.

tyred

Legendary Member
I love my Yaris (though I'm not sure I'd kill for it). 17 years old, 180,000 miles, and it still easily gets 65mpg (diesel), 70mpg+ if I'm driving carefully. Cheap to tax and insure, still (touch wood) running reliably.

I love mine too, something I never thought I would say as I never like Japanese cars previously.

Mine is 18 years old and probably the most basic 1.0l 3 door model in the range but i love the simplicity of it, it's reliability, low running costs and it's pretty good to drive too in a go kart like way.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Over a Yaris? I've driven one quite a few times. Reliable, competent, could carry three people, a few cases and a road bike, but was about as exciting as a toaster. I can't imagine getting even mildly worked up about one!

tyred

Legendary Member
Over a Yaris? I've driven one quite a few times. Reliable, competent, could carry three people, a few cases and a road bike, but was about as exciting as a toaster. I can't imagine getting even mildly worked up about one!

That used to be my view too but after a year of ownership, I've come to appreciate its many good points and superb engineering.

It's a vastly superior car to the Fabia I ran for a year which was completely without any merit whatsoever, bland beyond belief, also drank petrol and always had something expensive wrong with it.

Top Bottom