Couldn't resist - Wayfarer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
GrahamNR17

GrahamNR17

tyred said:
Get some leather faced brake pads.
Ooh, thanks, I didn't know about those ;)

Yes, they're a big improvement. Let your rims get rusty too. Although (not sure I should be admitting to this) I'm fitting alloy rims on my 1948 Clubman when he gets resprayed.

OP
OP
GrahamNR17

GrahamNR17

chris667 said:
Yes, they're a big improvement. Let your rims get rusty too. Although (not sure I should be admitting to this) I'm fitting alloy rims on my 1948 Clubman when he gets resprayed.
The new blocks arrived today. I'm hopeful of rain for my ride home so I can test them :laugh:

I'd thought about alloy rims too, seems like a sensible upgrade to me, but I want to keep this one original, for better or worse. Definitely going with alloy on the 30s replica, though. As for rust, well I have that in spades on the James ;)

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Soltydog said:
I had one of those for christmas one year, prob late 70s when i was about 10 :blush:
I ended up fitting 5 spd gears & drops to keep up with my mates :rofl: & spraying it black to make it faster LOL

Yes, I had a BSA 3-speed sturmey archer with drops to make it seem like a proper racer. Mine was red though so probably a bit faster!! :smile:

Top Bottom