Couriers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

plantfit

Guru
Probably been asked this before but, does anyone know of a good courier to get a bike from Lincoln to London and roughly the cost? thanks in advance

Roger

Globalti

Legendary Member
No courier is good; they all employ idiots who will throw your bike around and then pressurise the buyer to sign for it "in good condition" before they've had a chance to inspect it. Pack it as if it's going to be dropped from 1000 feet, remove derailleur and hanger and pad with masses of bubble wrap or old carpet underlay. Put a plastic transport packer in the front dropouts (shop will give you one with the bike box) and a spacer between the rear. Then get in touch with one of the many agents such as Parcel2go who will send TNT to collect it..... then pray.....

The cost will be about £25. I strongly recommend you pay the extra £11 or so for insurance.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
No courier is good;

My Rose ebike was airfreighted DHL.

It arrived fully assembled in a cardboard bike box with no packaging.

The bike was unmarked, as was the box, suggesting some care had been taken.

I would therefore recommend DHL as a good courier, although I'm guessing there would be little change from £100 for the service.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
parcel force via send it now used many times never any issue normal cost is £15 area but always add a day on for parcels going into london from my experience not sure why

Top Bottom