Court result after HGV close pass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lane

Veteran
Well done. If I understand correctly he now has 8 points? That's not good for an HGV driver most companies won't employ with more than 6 as far I know.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Now he has pleaded guilty I wonder if he will lose his job for having 8 points on his license unless self employed?

Now he has accrued 8 points, you mean ? It was said he was still driving for Downtons, they are happy with him but I don't know if this means he will keep his job. Even his defence solicitor didn't try to say anything to mitigate the close pass. If he can't be trusted to judge passing a cyclist safely he shouldn't really be driving a huge HGV about.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It was accepted as category two by CPS and defence due to the size of the vehicle

The answer to that, if the solicitor is trying hard, is: "They are guidelines, not tramlines, your worships."

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
You seem to have far more support from your local Police than I do. I have given up even reporting as my local force don’t even acknowledge videos sent in.
All our lot do is say : -

"Thank you for taking the time to upload your footage which has now been processed (a warning letter or a fixed penalty or a prosecution has been issued). Thank you for helping to keep our roads safe.
I can confirm that as you are a witness to this offence, you will not receive any further updates."

So you're not permitted to know anything at all unless you get a call asking you to trot along to court next week about something which happened six months ago. Unless you can convince them you are a victim - which I think is the case for the matter due on Monday.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Good result.
I keep both the full segment (Cheshire Police) and the shortened clip (Greater Manchester Police), until I am told what action has been taken, or 12 months has elapsed, as well as the witness statement I submitted. Cheshire Police do seem more active in bringing crap drivers to account.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Had he waited a couple of seconds to get past the second island. He sould have no problem getting past you safely.

Well done for seeing this through to its conclusion.

Yes, this is the rear view & comparative safe overtake by the following HGV driver who was a lot more patient

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'm looking forward to hearing about your next court adventure.

The fact that you are getting a good handle on how courts work makes your cases stronger than others.

Shouldn't be so, but it is.

Tactics, and experience which guides you as to what is likely to happen for a given course of action, play an enormous part in achieving your desired result.

Top Bottom