Coventry transport museum!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Birdie

No cycling today, but my first visit to Coventry transport museum. What a well laid out and organised exhibition from early transport to present day. Loved all the bikes especially!! For those who haven't been, here's a few pics, if anyone's interested!

20190629_122119.jpg 20190629_135125.jpg 20190629_122903.jpg 20190629_135312.jpg 20190629_135255.jpg 20190629_124044.jpg 20190629_133829.jpg 20190629_130628.jpg 20190629_130932.jpg 20190629_134028.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Got to be one of my favourite places in my birth city

I do have a not very impressive looking, but quality smooth riding, bike I could use. And could add my patented aldi oven shelf edging cable guide thief detering modules to. Which just leaves the touring luggage to accomodate.

otek59

It's not in a part of town where you would leave a remotely decent bike locked up in public, unless you had several Secret service agents standing guard.
It's not in a part of town where you would leave a remotely decent bike locked up in public, unless you had several Secret service agents standing guard.
i never leave home without my security team

otek59

A great place to visit ! It has 2 Land Speed Record cars in there .
Fantastic place for a visit,

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Is it a coincidence that this thread was started on the day that admission charges were introduced? Now £14 for an adult.

I've been a couple of times, and enjoyed it very much. My Viscount Aerospace (1979-85) came from a bike shop almost in the shadow of where the museum is now - something like Coventry Bike and Pram - anyone remember it? The museum's collection policy "focuses on significant material relevant to the history of Coventry road transport". I'm doubtful that my Viscount would've been eligible!

Sod it!

>>"focuses on significant material relevant to the history of Coventry road transport". I'm doubtful that my Viscount would've been eligible!

Coventry Climax?

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Was going to go a while ago @Birdie but awful weather intervened.
I know you weren't on a bike but do you have any info about secure bike parking?
According to the website, it says :-
By Foot & Bicycle
Coventry Transport Museum is close to the National Cycle Network. Cycle parking is available outside the front of the Museum.

I didn't notice as there were about a hundred old cars on the frontage of the museum! All I can see on streetview is, there are four bike racks but they are on the main path going past the museum so not great!

Is it a coincidence that this thread was started on the day that admission charges were introduced? Now £14 for an adult.

I've been a couple of times, and enjoyed it very much. My Viscount Aerospace (1979-85) came from a bike shop almost in the shadow of where the museum is now - something like Coventry Bike and Pram - anyone remember it? The museum's collection policy "focuses on significant material relevant to the history of Coventry road transport". I'm doubtful that my Viscount would've been eligible!
I'm sure it was free when we went earlier this year .

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

I know it seems coincedental but I only found out about it last month whilst on a facebook group chat about, amongst other things, old buses, which was one of the reason's for going, I didn't know there were bikes till I looked in to it! As I had no one to go with, I had to wait for my daughter to come up from uni and it was the first nice day to go as we wanted to walk along the canal too. I put £14 in the box for me and £10 for my daughter anyway as it was well worth it.

Top Bottom