Covid-19 can cause PRIAPISM: French man, 62, suffers a four-hour erection after the coronavirus triggered blood clots in his penis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JRTemple

Biking Enthusiast!
An unidentified 62-year-old man from France suffered the painful condition while receiving care in hospital for a severe bout of the coronavirus.

His erection was caused by trapped blood in the penis, which was found to be full of blood clots when it was drained by medics.

Blood clotting, or thrombosis, has been reported as a dangerous complication in up to a third of coronavirus-infected patients.

When clots block arteries or veins, the blockages can trigger fatal heart attacks and strokes. They can also lead to pripiasm.

But this is believed to be the first time priapism has been seen as a side effect of the coronavirus, which has killed 500,000 people worldwide.

The patient left intensive care after spending two weeks on a ventilator, suggesting he has now recovered from Covid-19.

Chris S

Legendary Member
And he's complaining?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:eek:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
About as funny as saying a woman suffering a Covid clot-induced stroke was put off sex because she had a headache... :thumbsdown:

The clots that many people are suffering are truly horrendous.

Doctor treating Covid-19 patients said:
Paul had suffered another acute stroke due to a clot, depriving vital areas of the brain of blood supply.

Dr Chandratheva says he has never seen such a high level of clotting before

Tests showed that he had astonishingly high levels of a marker for the amount of clotting in the blood known as D-dimer.

Normally these are less than 300, and in stroke patients can rise to 1,000. Paul Mylrea's levels were over 80,000.

"I've never seen that level of clotting before - something about his body's response to the infection had caused his blood to become incredibly sticky," says Dr Chandratheva.
The thing that saved me and several other forum members from death by (non-Covid) clotting was anticoagulation but the patient 'Paul' was already on anticoagulants. It is bloody scary and I'm not laughing... Sorry for being the party pooper!

Dave7

Legendary Member
About as funny as saying a woman suffering a Covid clot-induced stroke was put off sex because she had a headache... :thumbsdown:

The clots that many people are suffering are truly horrendous.

The thing that saved me and several other forum members from death by (non-Covid) clotting was anticoagulation but the patient 'Paul' was already on anticoagulants. It is bloody scary and I'm not laughing... Sorry for being the party pooper!
No. Seriously, reading that I fully understand your point.
Hope all is well with you now.
As a side note....I had a big cancer op a few years ago, lost over 1/3rd of my blood and MrsD was told things looked bad.
I still laugh at iffy jokes if they are well meant.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
As a side note....I had a big cancer op a few years ago, lost over 1/3rd of my blood and MrsD was told things looked bad.
I still laugh at iffy jokes if they are well meant.
I'm glad that you are still around to laugh at them, Dave! :laugh:

Obviously, I can see the comic potential of the condition in question but I had just finished reading the article I quoted and was still shuddering at the implications.

DRM

Guru
I saw the article about the clots on the breakfast news this morning, it’s really scary how different people show different symptoms some have a 48 hour lurgy, some have full blown flu symptoms and some are in recovery for months, some don’t make it home again, was talking to a work colleague today who said a friend had been in hospital for weeks, and at one point looked like they were a goner, this poor soul saw the bloke in the next bed being rolled on to his stomach as a last gasp effort to resuscitate, in the morning the bed and it’s occupant was gone, it makes me wonder if we are dealing with this virus and it’s constantly mutating and causing these new symptoms such as the loss of taste and smell for example

Top Bottom