Covid Cycling survey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Who needs a proximity detector, I've got eyes.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I tried to complete it but I'm afraid I gave up halfway in, I think you need to rethink how the questions are posed.
Where do you ride gives 3 choices; Track, path or road. I can only select one, but I might ride interchangeably on all of those in any given journey.
You ask HOW I'd like to be alerted, but not IF. And I wouldn't feel the need to be alerted, so I couldn't progress past that.

Good luck with your project, I can definitely see what you're doing! But I'd think again about the survey monkey answers, try to come at it from another, more open point of view. 👍😊

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I said I have eyes too. The world is slowly going insane methinks. What is the world coming too? What's next? Rain detector? Grrr!

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Hi wperry, me again. Some people ride as a form of transport everyday in summer winter spring and autumn without the aid of lycra, helmets, head to toe day glo and even go on holiday, shopping, picking kids up, towing trailers from the supermarket and moving house even with a regular bicycle with nothing but lights as extra if it gets dark.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
I'm doing an A level engineering project on how Covid has affected cycling. Any response to the survey below would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/C27SG89
Hi [@wperry] ,
Thanks for reaching out to the community to seek opinion. You'll doubtless have looked through this section and spotted that we're often surveyed. Whilst unable to speak for everyone, one of my concerns is that those seeking information rarely (never?) come back and share their findings. Extending that simple courtesy ... would go a long way towards generating goodwill.
I'll happily take a shot at the survey if you'll agree to come back and share?

snorri

Legendary Member
project on how Covid has affected cycling.......
I'm unaware of any effect on my cycling, although I am more aware of others when I am walking about after having parked my bike.

Q1 Why do you cycle? ........There is no Utility option, ie going to shops , or for transport to access places beyond my walking range, etc.
Q3 Where do you cycle? .....all three

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Means I’m riding more often but shorter trips. Overall average mileage about the same. First lockdown a few main roads but not so quiet this time. Generally riding without stopping with no pubs or cafes open. Take a flask of hot chocolate for longer rides. That’s all the impacts.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Who needs a proximity detector, I've got eyes.
I wonder if such a device might therefore be better suited to circumstances in which good vision is absent? I'd be interested to learn whether anyone with visual impairment might find benefit from such a device. Might it have applications beyond the Covid spacing advice?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I wonder if such a device might therefore be better suited to circumstances in which good vision is absent? I'd be interested to learn whether anyone with visual impairment might find benefit from such a device. Might it have applications beyond the Covid spacing advice?
If you have that much visual impairment, I would suggest you should not be riding a bike by yourself.

alicat

Legendary Member
I can't see the point of a proximity detector for cyclists. We are moving and so not in close proximity to someone else except a cycling companion for long enough for it to be a problem. I do however commend your ingenuity.

Top Bottom