Covid Jab and Loss of Fitness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
If no one mentioned already; your loss of fitness a few months on will be nothing to do with the vaccine

Hi all,

For the 3rd week running I've had to bail out of our fast Friday road ride as I had absolutely nothing in the tank. A few months ago I was one of the fastest. I've not had Covid just the AstraZeneca jab 2 months ago but nowadays I seem to have lost so much fitness - is this in the mind or is something else going on.
Really annoying as i loved my Friday ride. used to feel really challenged.

I had a pretty bad reaction to my first AZ jab. Got out of bed too fast and blacked out and bashed my chin (later I found my RHR had shot through the roof), after crawling back to bed for a few hours kip other than an annoying lingering hangover like feeling I was fine though and a few weeks later I was hitting power PB and getting TT results which calibrated to them. A few weeks later again though my power was down but it had nothing to do with the AZ jab just my usual mid season slump related to grass pollen. I've still managed to get OK TT results for that lower power by concentrating on my CdA :okay: With you its probably nothing to do with the AZ jab either and something else you need to get to the bottom of :okay::okay:

Top Bottom