Cowboy Builders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I've watched a few episodes of cowboy builders and it's always the same story, at least that is what it seems to me.

The girl, Melinda, always does a great job in helping somebody. I'm happy to put up with the exaggerated drama because somebody always benefits at the end.

The guy is a different matter altogether, I mean what is the point of that bloke's role? He goes round collecting evidence and sad stories from victims and making a big fuss. In the end he never achieves anything concrete. I really had to laugh at him in today's episode. He made a huge fuss in finding the cowboy builder that had left many people very unhappy with bad jobs and taken their money, eventually he found him and has a few words and the Cowboy Builder says "Anyway, I'm no doing it no more" and the bloke goes yeah, I'd like to see that but if you do it again I can guarantee I'll find you again :laugh:

Come to think about it, other similar programs are not better.

Probably it's not easy to achieve much but it would be nice to see some policemen, an arrest, etc I understand it would be nearly impossible to see a case through but at least they should put more effort into making a more interesting program.

It would have been better if they'd got John Wayne/Jimmy Stewart/others and Laurel and Hardy with a ladder/Ealing comedy

Do you mind if I take up 2 years of your life ... so I can tell you !

Last edited:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Currently got the opposite problem where I've paid up for some structural guy to draw up some plans and I'm still waiting.

MarkF

Guru
It's not very exciting but I find both presenters likeable. There is not enough violence, I used to like Roger Cook, he was a good investigative journalist but also, one prepared to get biffed up for everybody's entertainment. :smile:

What I find unbelievable is the naivety of people like "We gave 50K up front to start" or "we were quoted £4 pound fifty to build us a 3 bed extension with jaccuzzi....."
We were considering a conservatory and asked a local tradesman who was recommend (and we saw examples of his work through a couple of different friends) to us to give us a quote, which was a reasonable price and we asked when he needed any payment and he said "when its completed and your happy with it...... I'll trust you to have the funds available at that time...."

Would it be pedantic to point out that the girl actually does ...... not a lot

I was involved many years ago with a similar programme years ago

There is a team of researchers who have agreed everything long before the cameras get there.

When she walks in and pretends to negotiate it is already a done deal!

Top Bottom