Cowboy Builders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Think I will email all the TV companys to see if they want to make a program that's more interesting
They can call it... pay you later pay you never or charity builders....

My mum used to work as a receptionist at a small double glazing company and a local business was dragging its feet paying (well over 6 months) paying for some showroom windows so the M.D of mums firm sent 2 teams of fitters to retrieve their "goods" he was willing to take them out on the premise I cant do anything with the windows but your not having them free..... after 5 minutes of "you wouldn't dare" from staff they got crowbars out, Business owner was there in ten minutes with a cheque (which didn't bounce)

MarkF

Guru
My mum used to work as a receptionist at a small double glazing company and a local business was dragging its feet paying (well over 6 months) paying for some showroom windows so the M.D of mums firm sent 2 teams of fitters to retrieve their "goods" he was willing to take them out on the premise I cant do anything with the windows but your not having them free..... after 5 minutes of "you wouldn't dare" from staff they got crowbars out, Business owner was there in ten minutes with a cheque (which didn't bounce)

^_^ Yes, I've done the same, I took off an extension flat roof after one failed payment promise too many.

What I find unbelievable is the naivety of people like "We gave 50K up front to start" or "we were quoted £4 pound fifty to build us a 3 bed extension with jaccuzzi....."
We were considering a conservatory and asked a local tradesman who was recommend (and we saw examples of his work through a couple of different friends) to us to give us a quote, which was a reasonable price and we asked when he needed any payment and he said "when its completed and your happy with it...... I'll trust you to have the funds available at that time...."
Total agree .... with giving money up front .... normally it would be done in stage payments

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Would it be pedantic to point out that the girl actually does ...... not a lot

I was involved many years ago with a similar programme years ago

There is a team of researchers who have agreed everything long before the cameras get there.

When she walks in and pretends to negotiate it is already a done deal!
that's pretty much how television works... I'm flabbergasted that Roy & Haley Cropper have been speaking someone else's lines all these years!!!

The only reason Cowboy Builders is presented by Melinda and Dominic is because Little & Large weren't available.

Inthecup

^_^ Yes, I've done the same, I took off an extension flat roof after one failed payment promise too many.
Been here as well. I've taken back material off a job after not being payed.

Gave a quote for a new bathroom before Christmas. Guy negotiated and we agreed a cost. Done the job complete to a high standard (all my works word of mouth), gave him the bill which was about £50 more than agreed cost with extras and the plonker refused to pay as we had finished it 2 days earlier than expected and wanted money back. Basically told him to feck off, I'll take back what's mine and he payed. Funny thing is, I've done loads of work for this guy before!

Built an extension for a woman last year who refused to pay the final installment as she had ran out of money. Clearly thinks I'm a charity. Anyways I sued her and surprisingly she payed up before it got to court.

Some of us do actually leave a good job and don't rip people off.

We need a cowboy customers TV programme. We're not all bad!!

screenman

Legendary Member
Part of my business is mobile paintless dent repair, I no longer go out to retail customers, they can come to me but one liar too many stopped it for everybody. Where as the trade is no problem, they want the job done properly and are prepared to pay a proper price as well for quality service.

Top Bottom