Cpc bicycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukAs98

I recently acquired this rusty reck of a bike. All decals are intact but the paint has pretty much all gone. I believe the company is French however I'm not certain. Can anyone shed any light on the company and the actual bike? I find the mudguards very unusual as well as the fact it's a lugless frame which I didn't expect to see on a bike of this age. It also has a tab(which is pictured) near the rear wheel, is this a coaster brake tab? Thanks in advance for any help.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Please excuse the front wheel I chucked on the bike

image.jpeg

MiK1138

Veteran
surprised your camera could see the bike against that wall :okay:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Those mudguards are a good design, no need for a mudflap and will take a well fat tyre. Wish my commuter had those.

Unfortunately know nothing about the marque tho'

OP
OP
lukAs98

lukAs98

I'm not sure whether to leave it as and just get it riding nice or full blown restore it, any thoughts?

Buy something like this for its wheels. EBay: 172029811922

midlife

Guru
Mudguards look more Dutch to me, BITD they seemed to be a bit excessive on the mudguard front............

Shaun

shadaboot27

Search Google for "all weather mudguards". That's what they are called. It might be easier to identify the bike then. Also don't lacquer the bike, that will ruin the originality. Just spray it with WD-40 or some other kind of oil, and repeat the oiling every couple of months and it will preserve it in original condition.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lukAs98

lukAs98

That's very helpful thankyou Steve. And thanks everyone else for the help, I'll keep the thread up to date with my progress

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
How bad is the rust? Will it rub off on your clothes when you ride? That could get annoying and I'd probably want to apply something like a clear rustoleum hard-hat but damned if I can see if they make one! :laugh:

Top Bottom