Cracked screen on windows smartphone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

damj

Third cracked screen in the last six months on my existing smart phone. Problem being i don’t want to fork out another £30 to fix it. Also I’ve got it into my head now work are offering a £10 a month bundle on my works iPhone. Does anyone know how I can retrieve numbers photos etc if I can’t undue to password?
Any suggestions appreciated

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I've sellotaped the cracks in mine :okay:

OP
OP
damj

damj

Agh tried that one the crack is right across the middle, just can’t tap in the password. Thanks all the same

Tim Hall

[QUOTE 5158206, member: 259"]It's just not worth spending money on a Windows phone any more. Give in and get an Android or Apple one. They both have apps to recover most of your stuff when you migrate. And they both do the same things in almost exactly the same way. Not like Windows phones.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
But that's not the question asked. @damj do windows smart phones save contacts etc to the cloud in the way Androids do to a Google account?

OP
OP
damj

damj

Yes good suggestion markymark. The original screen lasted 3 years. So got complacent.
Mort, the password that unlocks the phone, so I can upload photos onto my lap top.

Drago

Legendary Member
You can sync contacts to your outlook/hotmail account.

Photos you can save to Dropbox for future retrieval.

Or plug it into a Windows PC and suck it dry.

Elysian_Roads

Yes good suggestion markymark. The original screen lasted 3 years. So got complacent.
Mort, the password that unlocks the phone, so I can upload photos onto my lap top.
Hi @damj. Had the same problem a few years ago. Cracked screen meant I couldn't sign on to the phone, but luckily had linked to the cloud which saved everything, but also photos were being saved to a removable memory card (rather than the phone's own memory) so that could come out regardless of the damaged screen.

Did anything beyond the photos save to your laptop when it was connected previously? I remember you could select options at one point with Windows Phone software when it was linked to a Windows PC.

Good luck with the recovery.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I don’t know if you’re aware but the Windows mobile OS is no longer being supported by Microsoft so some apps may stop working.

Top Bottom