Cracknell/Romero Tandem ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
claver58

claver58

Über Member
Photo of Cracknell follows ?
Van_002.jpg

OP
OP
claver58

claver58

Über Member
I got up at 3.45 and spent 1/2 hour searching up and down the A6 - in the end I had to go at 4.45am as I started work at 5 and I had the warehouse keys! Had to leave them there. But there was this man and his 2 youngsters and he was going to do the ride for the Paralympics team. Not for me - I'm too old for that - I just enjoy watching it all!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Nice photo - I would hate to be married to him ... he always comes across as very driven/focused - but I guess that's what it takes to win olympic medals etc.

Philip Whiteman

Über Member
I am going to be very controversial.

But I really really really hope that they fail in their attempt to gain the record. It would be great to see that the last holders of the title, Taylor and Wilkinson who are both amateur club riders, can outshine 'the very best'.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Oh I would love to have seen them complete the race. Does anyone know how they were doing with regard to the record - was it going to be potentially record beating or definitely going to miss?

OP
OP
claver58

claver58

Über Member
As I said before, Romero was having sickness problems - maybe stoamch pains - so that may be why they abandoned. sad - but I bet they give it another go.

montage

God Almighty
Not a major fan of craknell after "On thin Ice" .... wouldn't like to work with him, but at the same time hugely respect what he has done.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Just received this in email....
KILO TO GO " message content removed.

Someone mentioned about , the existing record is held by pure amateurs in the best sense, but those days are gone by with publicity hungry sports celebs keen to add to their CV in combination with sports management companies also with keen eye on profitability.
Is it a bit farcical to gild this route with a 'World Record' status tho'?

Top Bottom