cramps in legs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
I predict the OP is a newbie/born again cyclist, has very little cycling miles in his legs and is generally unfit hence suffering cramps. They also have only 20 posts and haven't been back for nearly 2 weeks now.

And has a slight limp in the left leg and in inturned big toe on the right foot, eh Sherlock?

Ganymede

Veteran
I predict the OP is a newbie/born again cyclist, has very little cycling miles in his legs and is generally unfit hence suffering cramps. They also have only 20 posts and haven't been back for nearly 2 weeks now.
She. Pearl lives in Thailand and is indeed new to commuter cycling. She visits from time to time. I'm sure she'll be back to see what we've said.

On the question in hand I get the feeling that it's not as simple as being out of condition.

Even though I got my worst ever ever cramp when I set off fully loaded after two months off the bike. In both legs at once mid ride!

Most of the cramp I have got has turned up off the ride at odd times (in bed, in the pub) when I have actually been doing lots of cycling.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Try putting a little Indian Tonic Water in your drinks bottle. :thumbsup: Not only does it add sweetness/taste to the water, which I find very bland and unappealing, it also contains quinine which seems to stop me getting the stomach cramps I used to suffer from after a particularly hard/hot ride. :wacko:

Top Bottom