Crank extraction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blasterbenj

Hi guys,

First, let me introduce myself. I am Benjamin, a french engineer who just arrived in London to work on your futur metro ;)

I decided when I came to bring my old bike to commute. A nice GT avalanche 2.0.

Unfortunately, the crank is not so well and I think I am going to replace the whole thing. As I am not home, I don't have all my tools. Would there be anyone here kind enough to lend me a crank extractor and a bottom bracket tool ?

I live in Greenwich but I can come to you indeed :smile:

Anyone has these tools ?

Thank you very much in avance ! Benjamin

Sharky

Guru
You're not far from Woolwich and Harry Perry Cycles http://www.harryperrycyclesuk.co.uk/index.php
They will sort you out.

subaqua

What’s the point
Hi guys,

First, let me introduce myself. I am Benjamin, a french engineer who just arrived in London to work on your futur metro ;)

I decided when I came to bring my old bike to commute. A nice GT avalanche 2.0.

Unfortunately, the crank is not so well and I think I am going to replace the whole thing. As I am not home, I don't have all my tools. Would there be anyone here kind enough to lend me a crank extractor and a bottom bracket tool ?

I live in Greenwich but I can come to you indeed :smile:

Anyone has these tools ?

Thank you very much in avance ! Benjamin

which bit of Crossrail you working on C610 systemwide ? I am on C360 so you are more than welcome to pop along to one of them and I can let you use the one I have.

OP
OP
B

Blasterbenj

You're not far from Woolwich and Harry Perry Cycles http://www.harryperrycyclesuk.co.uk/index.php
They will sort you out.
Thank you for the advice, I will keep their contact if I need. But usually I like to do everything I can do, when I have the tools.

which bit of Crossrail you working on C610 systemwide ? I am on C360 so you are more than welcome to pop along to one of them and I can let you use the one I have.

Oh cool. Yeah I am C610. OHLE interface. Where are you based ? :smile:

And that would be nice. Thanks. I am thinking dismounting the crank and tightening it well with lubricant to see how it goes. Otherwise I will change it.

I don't see how it is possible to go to private messaging you here

Ben

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't see how it is possible to go to private messaging you here

Ben
Hi Ben.

I think there is an anti-spam system in place which prevents your use of the messaging system until you have made enough posts. I think it might be 10?

Post a few more messages round the forum and see if that sorts you out.

(Oh, and welcome to CycleChat!)

Top Bottom