Cranks spinning but not totally free

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jamin100

jamin100

Guru
Sorry I totally forgot to update the thread.

well I did everything that was suggested. It’s still the same.

I took the non drive side crank arm off totally and gave it a spin and it’s still the same. it will soon maybe 3 full revolutions and then stop.
Compared to my old Cannondale with PF30 BB they would just spin very easily so that’s all I have to compare them too.

ive fitted it all back together and am going to take it out on its first spin tomorrow and see what it’s like. I don’t think I’ll notice it when riding, but we’ll see. Hopefully it will loosen up after a few rides

DRM

Guru
Did you check alignment, as it does seem that this may well be your issue, it won't take much to make the whole setup tight, if it's a new frame you might have to get onto the manufacturer.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
having similar with my rebuild bike, the ht2 bb doesnt spin as freely as everything else , the bb is afew years old so might try a new bb or change to another chainset i have in stock

Ajax Bay

Guru
as the more expensive & desirable the frame, the crapper the alignment
You're completely making that up: he doesn't suggest any such statistical correlation.
Did you check alignment?
How do you propose the OP does that? Hambini has shown how he does that (multiple times and with added entertainment and 'shoutiness'), but for a 'normal' person?

Last edited:
Top Bottom