Crawley to East Grinstead - Doable??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ashaman42

Über Member
Hi there.

I'm applying for a new job in East Grinstead and as far as I can see the train from Eastbourne takes about 2 hours as I have to travel up to East Croydon and back down again.

So what I was thinking was getting the train to Crawley or Three Bridges and then cycling across to E. Grinstead. Probably take about the same time overall but the train fare will be cheaper and I still get some cycling in.

I was thinking of taking the A264 to cycle but don't know what this road is like, will it be reasonably doable taking this route or should I go another way? Or should I just take the longer train?

Cheers for any advice given :blush:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Should be possible form Three Bridges, if memory serves my right, the traffic used to be a bit hairy, but the last time I was down that way it was crawling along because there was so much of it...

Nothing would ever persuade me to live down there again.

Very 'doable'.. the Worth Way (Council maintained) goes off-road from just next to Three Bridges station to East Grinstead station. It's an old railway track so the gradients are negligible and very scenic, just Google for it and have a look. I rode it on a hybrid in summer and that was fine, I'm not sure what it's like in the wetter seasons.

The A264 is a bit fast and kamikaze for my liking..... and going via the villages is very up/down.

A few options for you!

Top Bottom