Crazy mystery chirping screeching noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tripletail52

tripletail52

Just played this noise, both dogs woke up and 2 out 3 cats came running into the living room, i guess looking for a rodent:laugh:

Hamster powered e-bike ?
I'm sorry about that :ohmy:

I have to endure it every day :banghead:

Broadside

Guru
Hello Broadside

Do you mean on the wheels? I've got QR skewers not thru-axles. I've took them out, cleaned them and greased them yesterday. Are you talking about different axles?

This seal on a QR skewer, not all bikes have them but if yours does then try a couple of drops of oil between the rubber seal and the hub.

Attachments

• B72C591D-B995-4E5F-A06E-96602C7DFDAC.jpeg
    B72C591D-B995-4E5F-A06E-96602C7DFDAC.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 4

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Good to know your budgie is still safe.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
But... HAS that actually solved the problem? :wacko:

I can't quite see how sitting on the bike makes the noise happen, and getting off stops it! (Unless the loose rubbery strip is so close to the wheel that a very slight bend of the frame is enough to make the difference?)

OP
OP
tripletail52

tripletail52

But... HAS that actually solved the problem? :wacko:

I can't quite see how sitting on the bike makes the noise happen, and getting off stops it! (Unless the loose rubbery strip is so close to the wheel that a very slight bend of the frame is enough to make the difference?)
I suspect what happens is that when I move fast wind gets caught between tape and chainstay and somehow creates the noise. So just spinning the wheels on the stand didn't make the noise. But I'll obviously have to see in the morning if the noise is now gone. Hopefully this is it!

Top Bottom