Creating video route for Rouvy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeD_63

Hello! I recently received a Garmin Virb Elite action camera specifically to be able to create my own video routes on Rouvy. I've tried repeatedly to use the video + GPS track (created with the Virb Elite) using the latest Virtual Training Route Creator software. When I ride the route on my Rouvy iPad app, the GPS track works fine but the video does not run. The development team at Rouvy believes that the GPS and video are not synched (despite going through the automatic sync on the Route Creator); they are in the process of manually synching the route for me, but I'd like to know what I've done incorrectly. Has anyone created a successful Rouvy video route from Virb Elite video + GPS track? I'd like some insight on what I'm doing wrong so that I can post routes the DON'T require the development team to intervene. Thank you! Oh, and I didn't see any user forums on the Rouvy site, so I'm trying CycleChat instead. Mike

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I use the Garmin Virb Edit software to stitch my videos together and synchronise them with the GPX track.ut allows me to edit out any stops from both.

OP
OP
M

MikeD_63

Thank you, Aleman, Virb Edit has been working fine for me, and it appears that the video and GPS track are synced. When I use Rouvy's (Virtual Training) Route Editor software to create a route and then post the video+GPS-track to Rouvy, the posted route has errors. The Rouvy dev team tells me that the video and GPS are NOT synced. I'm trying to work through this with the dev team, but with one message out or back per day, it will take some time. I was hoping to find someone here who has successfully created a Rouvy route from Virb data who can help me figure out what I'm missing.

Have you posted any routes to BKool? I'm looking at BKool as an alternative to Rouvy, and would love the opportunity to find some good rides. I'm trying to post one of my own; I'm slowly working on some quality issues....I had to crop out visible parts of my car, then removes some stopped periods. I'm hoping that my route will be OK this time. Thanks again, Aleman, happy riding!

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I have posted videos to BKool, but the BKool video editor is a complete piece of shoot! I use avidemux to crop the video and downsize it to under 2.5GB... I always get told that there are zero speed segments in the file but none exist.

Creating a local video for BigRingVR is simple by comparison.

Thank you, Aleman, Virb Edit has been working fine for me, and it appears that the video and GPS track are synced. When I use Rouvy's (Virtual Training) Route Editor software to create a route and then post the video+GPS-track to Rouvy, the posted route has errors. The Rouvy dev team tells me that the video and GPS are NOT synced. I'm trying to work through this with the dev team, but with one message out or back per day, it will take some time. I was hoping to find someone here who has successfully created a Rouvy route from Virb data who can help me figure out what I'm missing.

Have you posted any routes to BKool? I'm looking at BKool as an alternative to Rouvy, and would love the opportunity to find some good rides. I'm trying to post one of my own; I'm slowly working on some quality issues....I had to crop out visible parts of my car, then removes some stopped periods. I'm hoping that my route will be OK this time. Thanks again, Aleman, happy riding!
Not done it with a Virb but had Go-Pro footage of a ride. Exported GPS from Strava as TCX file and opened video in the Rouvy Route Editor. Uploaded it but it wasn't quite right, in fact it wasn't a lot right. Spent some time in the bad weather manually synching the video and the route and is much improved. still ever so slightly off. Motorway bridges seem a bit of a GPS issue, but the ride starts and finishes in the right places and by and large the gradients kick in where expected and the turns are pretty much bang on. Still some fine tuning to do though. If you fancy trying it the ride is called Berkshire UK. It's around 36km long, so around an hour to an hour and a quarter or so for most. Would be interested in what you think!

James650

When I use Rouvy's (Virtual Training) Route Editor software to create a route and then post the video+GPS-track to Rouvy, the posted route has errors. The Rouvy dev team tells me that the video and GPS are NOT synced.
Anyone still reading this thread? I want to try Rouvy because I'm very frustrated with Bkool... I've been able to sync separately recorded GPX with the video in VIRB Edit* and get them relatively synced in Bkool VideoRouteEditor2** however Bkool has rejected 100% of my videos despite them being cleaner and clearer than other user loaded videos I see on the site!

Bkool support has not clarified whats wrong with my videos despite numerous attempts to contact them. Is Rouvy any better??

All I want to do is load a few of my local rides for winter training.

* While VIRB Edit has been helpful in trimming and positioning the video footage with the GPX I have not been able to embed the GPX so the export from VIRB is recognized as having GPS... not sure thats possible but wld like to know if there are any tricks there.

**Despite elevate correcting my GPX files (using FitFileRepairTool and its Mapquest elevation tool) I still get elevation and slope errors in Bkool VideoRouteEditor2. I've usually been able to use the Bkool Video editor to correct those, but sill find that slopes are off in the uploaded route in Bkool (when just uploading a route). Bkool will group points in the GPX file to create short segments so you can still get cases where slope changes suddenly and unrealistically. Is Rouvy any better on this point???

I'd appreciate any feedback. - J

Top Bottom