Credit Card Theft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Talk about thieving scum... went to my Daughter's School Christmas Fayre last week where the Parent & Teacher's Association for the School had purchased a number of items for the prize raffle (and had some stuff donated by local companies)... the star prize being a Nintendo 3DS... which someone took from the prize draw desk during the 2 hours the fayre was on for. Either it was some kid who got too tempted and took it (hopefully their parents will discover the theft and try to right the wrong by returning the item and using it as a valuable teaching exercise) or, more depressingly, it was a parent of one of the children who saw an opportunity and took it. :cursing:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I liked the camera, so I ended up keeping it (and not reversing that payment)!
Hmmmm.... I wonder if that would work with a bike or bike bits? "sorry dear, it seems some scumbag has ordered a load of bike stuff on my account. Maybe I should keep it as it is good stuff I could use anyway!" :angel:

I have had my credit card cancelled 3 times in the last 3 years; each time my card has been flagged up before the transaction appears on my statements. Can't fault the Co-Op Bank (who it's with). Do wish I could figure out where they are stealing the details from though but the Fraud division won't say. Last one seemed to be the oddest - tried to buy something in a different name entirely from mine!

sdr gb

Falling apart
A few years back, I had a my debit card details and a cheque stolen (long story, won't bore you).The bank (Natwest) stopped the card and after about 3 weeks refunded all the money. They even provided a copy of the cashed cheque complete with the persons name written on the top. After visiting 3 different police stations in order to give a statement, I got told that the people responsible had been arrested in Accrington and were wanted for other fraud crimes. Didn't get an apology from the company they worked for.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Do wish I could figure out where they are stealing the details from though but the Fraud division won't say. Last one seemed to be the oddest - tried to buy something in a different name entirely from mine!
The Halifax wouldn't tell me either. I had to make a sworn statement to the effect that I hadn't made the transactions, and that nobody else had access to my card. Someone from their fraud office rang me and we had a chat, but they told me that they would not reveal the outcome of their investigation. It struck me that they must know where the guy (or someone accepting deliveries for him) lived because he'd tried getting goods sent to a particular address abroad.

One thing that really annoyed me - one company that he'd tried getting stuff from had taken the money from my account and then reversed the transaction when it failed a fraud check. The fraudster had tried 3 times before giving up and trying elsewhere, but the company in question hadn't bothered to contact me or the Halifax to tell them that my account was compromised!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Using my company Barclaycard to pay big hotel bills in Nigeria recently I've been surprised to receive phone calls within a minute or two of the transaction going through, from the bank checking it was really me using the card. Quite impressive.

Top Bottom