Credit Card touring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbs

Guru
If ever we have a forecast of settled weather I will venture out for a few nights staying in a single hotel reasonably close to a railway station; probably Hull so that I can visit childhood territory in the East Riding . I reckon my kit requirement, except for a pair of lightweight street shoes, can be fitted into a 20l backpack. So, wishing to avoid the expense of panniers and rack I will make do with my existing day hike backpack plus a tie on bag for the shoes or lay out for 30l backpack.

Recommendations, comments please

mcr

Veteran
If you're prepared to lay out for a 30l backpack you might as well go instead for one of the various rackless saddle bags available and get the weight off your back and on to the bike. And then, rather than base your pack on the size of kit you want to take, customise your kit to the space available. It's amazing how little you can get away with carrying, especially if you're not moving on each night.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
many b&b's don't take cards. Make sure you have ample cash as it can be a long ride to the nearest ATM.

bigjim

Legendary Member
If ever we have a forecast of settled weather I will venture out for a few nights staying in a single hotel reasonably close to a railway station; probably Hull so that I can visit childhood territory in the East Riding .
I'm thinking exactly the same though I think the B&Bs might be a bit expensive for a single now that the schools are breaking up, so I may take the car and my good sized tent and gear so I can glamcamp and do some circular day rides from the campsite. Anybody got any opinions for a central base within 100 miles of Manchester for a three day sojourn?
Still need that midweek break in the weather though.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'm thinking exactly the same though I think the B&Bs might be a bit expensive for a single now that the schools are breaking up, so I may take the car and my good sized tent and gear so I can glamcamp and do some circular day rides from the campsite. Anybody got any opinions for a central base within 100 miles of Manchester for a three day sojourn?
Still need that midweek break in the weather though.

Whitchurch. Mile Bank Farm camp site is nice. Whitchurch is well placed for exploring Wales, Shropshire and Cheshire.

trichens

Hi GBS.
If you're looking for a B&B that takes both single person and cards on East Yorkshire coast then we can probably help. We're also near to the local railway station.
I won't post details of our B&B in Bridlington here of course but if you have a look at other postings you should be able find our name.
Obviously bike friendly and secure parking (they usually end up in the guest lounge or bar).

Top Bottom