Credit Crunch Chic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, it's my personal credit crunch, not the worldwide one, but thanks to wearing my current shoes to death, and being reminded yesterday in the rain that they have holes in the soles, I'm now sporting a pair of shoes with gaffer tape patches on the soles.

How mean can you get, if you really try?

Apart from home cobbling, I'm using each teabag twice, and exploring the Basics range at Sainsburys (mostly perfectly good, in fact I reckon some of it is normal stuff rebadged as a loss leader)

Greedo

I've said on here before you can tell a lot about a man by the state of his shoes.

You my dear are not crowning yourself in glory ;)

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Greedo said:
I've said on here before you can tell a lot about a man by the state of his shoes.

You my dear are not crowning yourself in glory :biggrin:

I'm not a man, either...;)

Mr Pig

Greedo said:
you can tell a lot about a man by the state of his shoes.

I would say that you can tell a lot about a man who judges other men by their shoes ;0)

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Anyway, in the last couple of months, it's been down to new shoes vs eating, so I went for food.

Luckily, I'm now in the position to be able to head out to the Designer Outlet at the weekend (I'll check, but last time it was cheaper than anywhere in town) and see what I can pick up...

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Mr Pig said:
I would say that you can tell a lot about a man who judges other men by their shoes ;0)

Like, he probably has a crick in his neck from looking at people's feet all the time?

Noodley

Arch said:
....and exploring the Basics range at Sainsburys (mostly perfectly good, in fact I reckon some of it is normal stuff rebadged as a loss leader)

I have visions of you in plus 4s, hiking boots, wooly hat with a bobble and a rucksac, climbing through Sainsbury's with a selection of flags which you stick into every new found item.

Greedo

I know. That's why I said my dear!!!

Arch said:
I'm not a man, either...;)

Aint Skeered

My Dad informs anyone and everyone, that he used to have to wear cut down wellies to school.
Alternativly just take your cleats off when your not on the bike.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Shame on you Arch for using gaffer tape to repair your shoes. You should have used a p****ure patch:smile:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Arch said:
I'm now sporting a pair of shoes with gaffer tape patches on the soles.
I have an old car inner tube you can stick on as a sole of you want. Also have an old car tyre if you wanted something with a tread on it.:biggrin:

I have had boots with gaffa tape on and also had to 'stitch' the sole back onto the uppers of a few pairs of boots using a wire coat hanger a while back. Quite a few of my working boots have knots in the laces where I have just tied them back together when they broke rather then replace them.

Maybe that explains my need to have a huge collection of spare new pairs of boots for that 'just in case' moment.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Arch said:
I'm now sporting a pair of shoes with gaffer tape patches on the soles.

Could be the start of something - next you'll be wheeling around everything you own in a shopping trolly, shouting at strangers and sleeping under a railway arch in a cardboard box!!

Top Bottom