cree t6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
exactly the same thing i got fro CandBseen for less than half the price
$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-18650...05&prg=11472&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=111308082933&rt=nc
Cheers Ed

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
is the front light too much of a draw for your battery so the battery goes into protection mode or something like that?

very well with the light :smile: but not so well with the CandB seen battery..... yet

as you haven't reported back i'm guessing the battery failed and you are now somewhat injured?
Cheers Ed
LOL , you whippersnapper :smile: , forgot what with kids etc
After 2 days its still green so looks like its a good battery pack :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have a yinding 2x U2 and a Solarstorm XT 40 x 4 U2 lights and I use the high capacity batteries in the Pannovo case. I use 4 x Panasonic 3400s and 4 x Senybor 2800s. The built packs are at best using 4 x2200s.

The batteries I used are also tested for high drain. The Solarstorm is very juice hungry.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I just got a T6 from 7dayshop in a bundle with extra power pack. After charging up the battery, I set it up on its ''Glimmer'' rating, which while being the lowest constant light setting, seems almost good enough for unlit roads. Thing is, I did this at 3pm, almost 7 hours ago when the indicated time on this setting is 4-5 hours. I wanted to know how long it would take before it swapped over to 'battery low' settings but it's done nothing apart from save me having to light up the hallway any more. Does anybody who has this light know it that's how it'll function in the cold and damp rather than the warm and dry? Because, frankly, I'm getting bored now.... I think the little light at the back of the light itself is supposed to change colour and eventually it goes on to flashing mode.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
They will run for ages on low. It's not advised to run them at high inside or when not moving as there is no air to cool it.
Thanks fossy, I've kept an eye on it overheating but it seems ok to me on low setting. As I want to know how it performs, I'll be super vigilant on the higher settings. Or I could put it outside on the balcony and give myself indoor lighting from outside....

S.Giles

I think I've posted this before somewhere, but it's pertinent to this discussion too. I bought a £15 'Cree' 4.5v light from Ebay and whilst the light itself was (and continues to be) wonderful, the battery-pack was awful. I took it apart and found two dummy batteries (carefully disguised as real ones) and two old batteries that were probably reclaimed from old laptops (one of which didn't make contact properly). So one usable (if reclaimed) battery out of four! All batteries had been re heat-shrunk, so looked brand-new until that was removed.

Since I'm handy with a soldering iron, I was able to make up a replacement battery-pack using two old Nokia mobile phone batteries run in parallel. In this form, the setup has given faultless service all through winter, and doubled-up as a bedside table lamp!

There was nothing dangerous about the battery-pack I received, but I do wonder how many people are out there using battery-packs with dummy batteries in them (since most aren't as inclined as I am to take electrical things apart).

I like the 4.5v front light, BTW, because it allows me to use the same charger for both front and rear lights, and avoids the battery 'balancing' problem that can occur when batteries are recharged in series.

Top Bottom