cree t6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
the light is only 4.2v where as this battery pack
http://www.7dayshop.com/cycle-bike-...v-6000mah-battery-pack-for-ds-009-cycle-light
is 7.4v, would this blow it being too much? considering ti is almost double the voltage i would guess so?
or this one doesn't list the voltage but it said at the top of the page that these battery packs are for their 1000 and 1200 lumen lights (i am on about the big square battery at the top of the age)
http://www.candb-seen.co.uk/accessories/battery-packs--chargers.html

costs a fair bit though :sad:
Cheers Ed

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You need to get the higher voltage lights as they are more common.

chewa

plus je vois les hommes, plus j'admire les chiens
I got two of the 4 battery (8.4v) versions over a year ago. Both work great, plenty of run time (3 to 4 hours on full output), no issues with charging.
The build quality looks fine, have stood up to rain etc. If you were going for one best go for the 8.4v battery pack

We got them from a UK seller with UK charger. I realised it was a risk but at the price, worth it.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
right that's £37 gone and one T6 8.4v light on it's way to me off ebay and one 18650 4 cell rubberised battery off C&B seen coming my way :smile:
Cheers Ed

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My battery pack is getting a bit past it after 2 winters it now needs to be chaged every day for maybe half an hour at full power.
Just ordered a 6 cell battery , lets hope it lasts longer :smile:

Last edited:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
My battery pack is getting a bit past it after 2 winters it now needs to be chaged every day for maybe half an hour at full power.
likewise on the battery getting flakier. I'm going for the C&B... battery option this time round.

@young Ed Might I also suggest you nip back to C&B..... and buy a fresnel glass for the unit. they're about a fiver & make the beam pattern a touch more rectangular than conical, it helps for you to see by as you have a wider lateral throw for no less forward illumination and makes it less dazzling for oncoming drivers and passing aircraft.

tornandfrayed

likewise on the battery getting flakier. I'm going for the C&B... battery option this time round.

@young Ed Might I also suggest you nip back to C&B..... and buy a fresnel glass for the unit. they're about a fiver & make the beam pattern a touch more rectangular than conical, it helps for you to see by as you have a wider lateral throw for no less forward illumination and makes it less dazzling for oncoming drivers and passing aircraft.

Do you know if it is possible to get a 45mm diameter fresnel glass anywhere? From what I can see c&b seen only go up to 39mm.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

You probably have a dead cell or more if it only needs 30 mins to charge. UK based replacements aren't expensive.

Top Bottom