Creeping soapboxisation...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I'm glad that you've pointed that out because Soapbox has been getting a bit Cafed recently too. Some members appear to be a little disoriented.

Tetedelacourse

The opposite is also true - complaints about cafe-style threads popping up in Soapbox.

I think BTFB and Abitrary have made a pact to remove the blessed wall that segregates the hardcore trance room from the chill-out room.

SamNichols

Oh, lets just feel the love of both rooms. The lighter threads in soapbox have made me actually go over there to interact, thus giving me the confidence to interact with the heavier threads. And, the soapboxy threads over here have created an atmosphere where we can have a slightly more serious debate - it was gradually going gutterwards in here.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
It's easy. If your thread involves ferrets, cake or biscuits, then it goes in CS, anything interesting goes in Soapbox!!!!!

bonj2

Why can't we just abolish all threads that involve discussion (or non-discussion come to that) of tea, biscuits, cakes, anything that's a cross between a cake and a biscuit, flapjacks, muffins, in fact any food, cycling (there are more relevant forums), or anything rank?

gbb

Legendary Member
SamNichols said:
Oh, lets just feel the love of both rooms. The lighter threads in soapbox have made me actually go over there to interact, thus giving me the confidence to interact with the heavier threads. And, the soapboxy threads over here have created an atmosphere where we can have a slightly more serious debate - it was gradually going gutterwards in here.

Not on your nelly Sam :ohmy::biggrin::biggrin:
Personally i wont generally venture in Soapbox, mainly because commonsense doesnt exist in many contributors heads and posts, and a refusal to accept ANYTHING that deviates from their views.
Wierdos....:biggrin:

I did see Arbitarys music post in Soapbox...and thought WTF's that doing in there....
Personally, i dont want to see Soapbox style posts in here....

domtyler

Über Member
I blame the [New Posts] button, I just click it to see what other people are posting on and then just add my bit. I often/usually don't even know which forum the thread is in. My laziness I guess, but it is still a valid excuse :ohmy:

Did some one metion tea?

andyoxon said:
I think cc cafe is suffering from creeping soapboxisation...

You know who you are BTFB et al... :ohmy:

Anyone feeling like doing some 'housekeeping'?

Andy

I was thinking exactly the same today.
Some forumers - new and old - have taken it upon themselves to act in a spiteful and psuedo-intellectual way (fine for Soapbox, but not really my cup of tea in 'the caf') which was taking the fun out of posting and reading here.

Noodley

Dayvo said:
I was thinking exactly the same today.
Some forumers - new and old - have taken it upon themselves to act in a spiteful and psuedo-intellectual way (fine for Soapbox, but not really my cup of tea in 'the caf') which was taking the fun out of posting and reading here.

I agree. It has also crept into other parts of the forum. :ohmy:

A place for everything and everything in it's place...

Top Bottom