Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
It is more than half of the windies first innings.

Not bad from 24/4 either. Pretty damning when Broad is your second highest scorer though.

MikeG

Guru
Pretty damning when Broad is your second highest scorer though.

Oh come on. It's a green wicket on a damp, overcast day. Days like this are a lottery. Decent players were good enough to nick it, and Broad's luck held. This is a game of 2 reasonable seam attacks against one poor and one very average batting line up. You surely weren't expecting either team to get 400, were you?

AndyRM

XOXO
Oh come on. It's a green wicket on a damp, overcast day. Days like this are a lottery. Decent players were good enough to nick it, and Broad's luck held. This is a game of 2 reasonable seam attacks against one poor and one very average batting line up. You surely weren't expecting either team to get 400, were you?

Thanks for that, I'm aware of the facts.

Was I expecting 400? No. Do I expect England's actual batsmen to do their jobs? Yes.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Tufters and his ''Cold balls don't swing!'' I forgot who was playing for a wee while as the TMS crew steered the conversation back to safer topics.

MikeG

Guru
......Do I expect England's actual batsmen to do their jobs? Yes.

But you don't appear to have calibrated your expectations against the conditions.

I'm with you to an extent. Some of the shot making was infuriating. It's swinging and seaming and some are still playing millionaire "this-is-the-way-I-play" shots. Moeen Ali was the worst example, I think, driving on the up. However, your argument about it being embarrassing when a tail-ender comes and slogs the second highest score shows a naivety about these sorts of wickets and conditions.

AndyRM

XOXO
But you don't appear to have calibrated your expectations against the conditions.

I'm with you to an extent. Some of the shot making was infuriating. It's swinging and seaming and some are still playing millionaire "this-is-the-way-I-play" shots. Moeen Ali was the worst example, I think, driving on the up. However, your argument about it being embarrassing when a tail-ender comes and slogs the second highest score shows a naivety about these sorts of wickets and conditions.

I don't think wanting batsmen to perform well is unreasonable, or naive to be honest.

Anyway, England's day on balance I think. Another enjoyable game that's finely poised!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

I don't think anyone can get Moeen to bat any differently.

MikeG

Guru
I don't think wanting batsmen to perform well is unreasonable, or naive to be honest........

So long as you understand that getting 40 in these conditions is like getting a hundred , and that getting 25 might be "performing well".

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The games is well poised, but this will definitely end in a result. No possibility of a draw unless rain moves in.
There is a real risk that England could lose the series.
Who thought that a few weeks ago.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
The games is well poised, but this will definitely end in a result. No possibility of a draw unless rain moves in.
There is a real risk that England could lose the series.
Who thought that a few weeks ago.

Apparently conditions will be quite batting-friendly tomorrow. You can easily see WI batting most of the day and setting a really stiff test

...or they could be all out by lunch and game over by tea. We need to check with cricket's Mystic Meg @User

Top Bottom