Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
It's an illegal delivery so a free hit seems fair enough to me? 2007 is when I think the powers that be started messing about with the rules, but only for limited overs cricket I think.

tom73

Guru
It's an illegal delivery so a free hit seems fair enough to me? 2007 is when I think the powers that be started messing about with the rules, but only for limited overs cricket I think.

If they are not messing around with rules they are messing around with formats. In the mean time the ship is sinking.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
A wide isnt a free hit…..only no balls, the free hit was given for the above waist height ball, the next ball was a wide, so the free hit carried to the next ball, which then hit the stumps, but didnt matter

geocycle

Legendary Member
A wide isnt a free hit…..only no balls, the free hit was given for the above waist height ball, the next ball was a wide, so the free hit carried to the next ball, which then hit the stumps, but didnt matter
Right! That’s the bit I didn’t get, was following on the text commentary. Thanks.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
the aussies are going at a decent scoring rate for a test match in pursuit of 158 after letting SriL get away a bit at the death.

They really cant afford to lose this having been walloped by the kiwi's

First boundaries arrives in the 8th over as they appear to realise the urgency of the situation.:laugh:

.. and now the "big show" starts, brutal by Maxwell 22 of his first 6 balls, he could be single handedly winning this one if he keeps this up

(Finch has 23 of 33 balls at this point)

damn Stoinis saved their blushes

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
England's turn to be looking like slipping up today. Whilst they pegged back Ireland in the later overs, the flying start Ireland made is the difference at the moment.

Malan gone now - Ali and Livingston to the rescue??

looking at the in play clips the ball is doing a fair bit :wacko:

and it raining just as Ali was one lusty blow away from getting England back ahead on D/L.

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Yes bowled badly at the start, Woakes particularly, and never got going with the bat until the 3 balls before the rain! When there is rain around its pretty basic that you need to get ahead of D/L score. Malan got himself in but kept plodding on at less than a run a ball rather than finding the boundary and getting the run-rate up.

With only 2 from each group of 6 going onto semi's then we need to win at least 2 if not all 3 from the games with Aus, SriL and NZ. Losing 2 games in this format usually means you are then on net run rate decider.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Zimbabwe beat Pakistan in a thrilling finish for another shock. Drama right down to a last ball fumbled run out to clinch it. Zim bowler had the presence of mind to ensure the ball was thrown to the "right" end where the keeper juggled it before doing the honours :smile:

Top Bottom