Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Can't really see past a Pakistan win from here.

Much as I want England to win tomorrow, a Pakistan v India final would be epic!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
its funny to see a scotsman wanting to see the England and Wales Cricket Board win the world cup, when scotland has a cricket team of its own....i wonder if he will feel the same about the english and welsh football team's in a few weeks time.

Alex321

Veteran
its funny to see a scotsman wanting to see the England and Wales Cricket Board win the world cup, when scotland has a cricket team of its own....i wonder if he will feel the same about the english and welsh football team's in a few weeks time.

While I always prefer to see Wales win, if they are out or not involved with the other home nations, then I want to see any other home nation win. Obviously, with Wales & England in the same group, I would prefer Wales to beat England. Ideally, Wales get to beat England twice, with the second time being in the final :whistle:

AndyRM

XOXO

Is it? I grew up listening to Test cricket on Long Wave, the crackly joy of it has stayed with me all my life, and I especially enjoy the interruptions for the shipping forecast. I'm not sure what state Scottish cricket was in when I started loving the game, but I've "supported" England all my life. Sure, I enjoy seeing Scotland do well, but it's so rare as to be a non-event.

As for football, I don't care about either England, or Wales when it comes to that. It's a totally different thing. The arrogance surrounding the English national team does my head in, but when they do well I'm pleased for my pals who support them, not the team. Vaguely take an interest in Wales as a fellow Celtic nation, but beyond that I have no interest.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
You've supported england all your life, but yet you rebuke people and call them plastic fans when they support football teams from other countries...strange that.

But hey ho, as you were

Alex321

Veteran
You've supported england all your life, but yet you rebuke people and call them plastic fans when they support football teams from other countries...strange that.

But hey ho, as you were

It isn't strange at all. Scotland have never had a test level team, England have always effectively represented the whole of the UK at test level cricket, and have historically included players from all parts of the UK.

So supporting England at cricket when you come from a different part of the UK is IMO perfectly normal and reasonable.

Is it? I grew up listening to Test cricket on Long Wave, the crackly joy of it has stayed with me all my life, and I especially enjoy the interruptions for the shipping forecast. I'm not sure what state Scottish cricket was in when I started loving the game, but I've "supported" England all my life. Sure, I enjoy seeing Scotland do well, but it's so rare as to be a non-event.

That seems perfectly reasonable. It's a bit like how many Premiership supporters also have a 2nd team they support, someone down in the lower divisions who is very unlikely to compete at the top level. (It's usually Preston North End, based on a limitied sample ... )

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Can the football chat feck off back to the football thread please:okay:

Looking forward to the semi tomorrow. should be a good game, and I've said before Malan's injury might be a blessing in disguise as he was struggling for form.

Not even going to try and predict a result, T20 matches can swing on little things and moments

I will say this though, after almost being out a week or so ago, Pakistan are hitting form at the right time....

AndyRM

XOXO
Can the football chat feck off back to the football thread please:okay:

Looking forward to the semi tomorrow. should be a good game, and I've said before Malan's injury might be a blessing in disguise as he was struggling for form.

Not even going to try and predict a result, T20 matches can swing on little things and moments

I will say this though, after almost being out a week or so ago, Pakistan are hitting form at the right time....

Wood is a doubt too apparently, which is more of a concern.

Agreed that there's no point in trying to predict a result, is there ever really in T20? As you say, little things. Or a massive over for either side.

Top Bottom